How to migrate from Corona online builds to Solar2D offline builds?

I’ve been using Corona 3579 and until now, I haven’t sought to change-over from the 3579 online build to the new 3595 offline builds. Vlads let me know that on the Mac, which I use to develop, I can keep both versions side-by-side. But I’m getting errors regarding plugins, etc… and can’t find any instructions anywhere on the process for a developer to make the change-over, including where to get the plugin files I need and where exactly to put them. So, I’ve created this post for either someone to provide a link to step-by-step instructions for the entire community to follow, or for someone to help me create such a step-by-step list to complete the migration, keeping in-mind that I’m still using build 3579 for my LIVE UPDATES until after I have build 3595+ running perfectly in Beta that I’m daring enough to try and create a LIVE UPDATE with the new offline build (still named Corona-3595) offline build. Can someone help?

Here are the errors messages I receive when attempting to create an iOS Build using 3595 (Android is below)
IOS ---->
BUILD FAILED
Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.gamecenter’ for platform ‘iphone’:
Custom URL: skipped because no table supportedPlatforms provided for plugin.gamecenter
Locally: no directory /Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/iphone/data.tgz’
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/data.tgz’
Solar2D Directory: plugin plugin.gamecenter was not found at Solar2D Directory
Ignore Missing checker: no plugin directory /Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter
Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.gamecenter’ for platform ‘lua’:
Custom URL: skipped because no table supportedPlatforms provided for plugin.gamecenter
Locally: no directory /Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/lua/data.tgz’
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/data.tgz’
Ignore Missing checker: no plugin directory /Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter

ANDROID ---->
BUILD FAILED: Error Code 256
May 22 23:16:55.579 Error while fetching plugins: ERROR: occured while collecting plugins for Android. Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.gamecenter’ for platform ‘android’:
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/android/data.tgz’
Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.gamecenter’ for platform ‘lua’:
Locally: no file ‘/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/lua/data.tgz’
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
                Build file '/private/var/folders/6g/37ltmn0d17xdq76fys4f_p340000gp/T/CLtmpeGeS0n/template/app/build.gradle.kts' line: 515

* What went wrong:
                Error while fetching plugins: ERROR: occured while collecting plugins for Android. 	Unable to find plugin 'plugin.gamecenter' for platform 'android':
                	Locally: no file '/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/android/data.tgz'
                	Locally: no file '/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/data.tgz'
                Unable to find plugin 'plugin.gamecenter' for platform 'lua':
                	Locally: no file '/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/lua/data.tgz'
                	Locally: no file '/Users/troylyndon/Solar2DPlugins/tech.scotth/plugin.gamecenter/data.tgz'

* Try:
                Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 6s

May 22 23:16:55.581
May 22 23:16:55.616 Android build failed (256) after 10 seconds
May 22 23:16:55.930 ERROR: Build Failed: Error code: 256

1 Like

I will also be struggling with this when the time comes (probably in a week or so) but here is what I know about your Scott related plugins problem. You can look for them in Solar2D Marketplace. If they are not there yet, it’ll probably be soon. @Scott_Harrison could give you more information on that or you could join the discussion here

1 Like

@bgmadclown thank you - but I’ve never compiled native and never sought after a plug-in file or folder. Is each plugin a single file or a folder of files? Do I put them where the error message say to do so?

Haven’t tried it yet and as far as I know, Vlad is working on appropriate solution for this but in the mean time you can follow this discussion -> How do I update my plugins?

It is not native or putting files in a folder. You just put a url inside your build.settings. You can see how to integration towards the bottom of the page.

@Scott_Harrison, thanks…bottom of which page? And does this mean that I need a different build.settings file for offline builds than online builds?

You just need to modify you build.setting slightly

see https://solar2dmarketplace.com/plugins?GameCenter_scotth-tech

A good idea is getting working on a simple no-plugin project and make sure that’s going well.

Perhaps a Corona sample will do for this, and it’s a good idea.

@Scott_Harrison I followed your direction and I signed-up at the solar2D marketplace, went to my account page and grabbed my ID. Then, all I did was change the original plugin reference in build.settings…aha, but the new one crashed the build process in build 3595.

–(works fine in build 3579)
[“plugin.gamecenter”]={publisherId=“tech.scotth”},

–(created for build 3595 as suggested by Scott Harrison)
[“plugin.gamecenter”]={publisherId=“scotth.tech”,supportedPlatforms={iphone={url=“https://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=oljr9d&plugin=GameCenter”}}},

The result was that the iOS Build caused the Corona Simulator to Crash/Exit in build 3595. When I restored the original plugin reference, at least the build showed me the errors. What about my new plugin reference is wrong?

@Scott_Harrison I’m having the same trouble. At first, many of the Corona plugins were causing the build to fail. After upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, and upgrading my version of XCode, now the Corona plugins work, but the 3rd party plugins that use the url attribute cause the build to fail.

I’m using Solar2d build 3595, XCode 11.4.1, MacOS 10.15.4. When I go to build, the simulator just quits and the error I get in the console is

ERROR: Runtime error
?:0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
?: in function 'pathJoin'
?: in function '?'
?: in function 'collect'
?: in function <?:110> 

This is the setting that fails

["plugin.reviewPopUp"] =
	{
		publisherId = "scotth.tech",
		supportedPlatforms = {
			iphone = { url="https://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=my_id&plugin=ReviewPopUp_scotth-tech&type=iOS"},
			macos = { url="https://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=my_id&plugin=ReviewPopUp_scotth-tech&type=MacOS" },
		}
	},

@developer0744 @Scott_Harrison
I’m having the exact error and I, too, am running Catalina. My log error is identical.

I should add that this error also appeared when I was still on Mojave with an older version of xcode. The pathjoin error could be coming from this file https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/blob/d265e9fed95a753973de5392979feb864fdf9ca2/platform/resources/CoronaBuilderPluginCollector.lua

This is wrong the Url should be
http://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=oljr9d&plugin=GameCenter_scotth-tech&type=iOS

Also, I am pretty sure you have not activated the plugin yet

@Scott_Harrison, in my case, the reviewPopup plugin is activated in my account. I thought perhaps I could manually download the plugin and point to it locally, but I can’t figure out how to download it. When I go to the url in the browser, I get the message “Cannot install in Browser”. So I tried downloading it via a network.download call in lua, and the file that gets downloaded is the same error message.

@developer0744 I would not recommend downloading them, I just build with my demo and it seemed to work good. Can you dm me a sample project of this error occurring.

@developer0744 @Scott_Harrison It seems this THREAD is about the same topic raised earlier by others about how to get PLUGINS to work in the new Offline Builds, so let’s all wait for Scott’s answer and continue our discussion in that other thread at:

The issue related to plugins now has a new thread…