New Marketplace Beta

I have been working on this for awhile now and I am excited to everyone access to the beta.

Just want to give a heads up the work is still being done on it and expect some changes to look and feel.

Feel free to dm or email any bug of suggestions

https://scotth.tech/marketplace

Note you do need an account to setup and use

You should see integration at the bottom of the page of each plugin. Expect each respective plugin to updated with this info soon!

Will the final marketplace have a custom domain? Will you be working on css to make the store look cooler? Thanks!

I don’t know about a custom domain. You can expect a total redesign with css and restructured HTML. Things will look a lot better this is mainly to try to get people to use my plugin in there everyday projects and see how things need to scale.

I don’t care what it looks like but you are missing a few plugins. :-).

This is definitely a goal, working on putting 10 up today. Hopefully all my plugins will be available on the store by the the end of the week.

Just added quite a few new plugins to the marketplace but I also been reading about how corona is rebranding to solar2d so I just got the url solar2dmarketplace.com and am working on transferring all my work to the solar 2d marketplace and will have it up and ready this week for beta testing. All accounts will deleted since the new store will hosted on a different server. So you will need to create a new account. An important note is that all account are made and stored though Firebase so your account info should be secure

Over this week I will be also looking into adding statistics for activation and purchases for future 3rd party vendors. I don’t want to send out a sign up a sheet everything is ready and more testing is done. But this is priority.

As for design I will be making minor tweaks on the homepage but i want to wait out and see how solar2d design language and color will be.

Will the final marketplace have a custom domain? Will you be working on css to make the store look cooler? Thanks!

I don’t know about a custom domain. You can expect a total redesign with css and restructured HTML. Things will look a lot better this is mainly to try to get people to use my plugin in there everyday projects and see how things need to scale.

I don’t care what it looks like but you are missing a few plugins. :-).

This is definitely a goal, working on putting 10 up today. Hopefully all my plugins will be available on the store by the the end of the week.

Just added quite a few new plugins to the marketplace but I also been reading about how corona is rebranding to solar2d so I just got the url solar2dmarketplace.com and am working on transferring all my work to the solar 2d marketplace and will have it up and ready this week for beta testing. All accounts will deleted since the new store will hosted on a different server. So you will need to create a new account. An important note is that all account are made and stored though Firebase so your account info should be secure

Over this week I will be also looking into adding statistics for activation and purchases for future 3rd party vendors. I don’t want to send out a sign up a sheet everything is ready and more testing is done. But this is priority.

As for design I will be making minor tweaks on the homepage but i want to wait out and see how solar2d design language and color will be.

Happy to announce that solar2dmarketplace.com is open for beta. You can now use plugin directly with corona simulator. Lua stub are available for download so you can develop in simulator with out error (a guide will be available soon) Sorry if you create an account on scotth.tech but your account was deleted(no one had purchased anything yet anyways) but you will need to create a new one.

Progress is made now on adding product submissions and subscriptions. Once I get the product submission page up it will be easier to submit my own plugins (If I approve them :slight_smile: )

Will have more plugins up soon but your guys feedback has been very helpful and expect more design tweaks and improvements as time goes on. 

Pressing any plugin will freeze the page. There should also be some tags or categories and search functionality. It might somewhat work now if there are so few plugins, but if there are 2x as much it becomes very hard to find any. The site still looks like it has no css.

I do agree that the site needs more design work done, but it is in beta after all. Like Scott previously said, once the upcoming Solar2D site’s design and colour palette is set, it’ll be easier to set up the final design.

Also, Scott, you have a typo with the verification. I tried your site out and it asked me to “verfiy” my email or something along those lines.

But, here’s some unsolicited suggestions: (don’t all of us devs just love these? :D)

1. Have a simpler, fixed design cards on the front page. Like you already have, I think the structure of “image”, “title”, “description” and “price”, is a good one. For the final design, I’d enforce a strict image size and maximum number of characters in the description to keep the width and height of the cards fixed. I’d also position the price based on the bottom of the card instead of where the description ends. Then, if and when you are ready to accept other developers plugins, it’d be useful to have “author” also listed on the card.

2. Like pixec already mentioned, having categories or tags would be useful. Most of the plugins there are now utility, but if graphics or gameplay plugins were to be added at some point, they’d probably just get lost in with the rest.

But yeah, it’s in beta and much that I’ve said has probably already crossed your mind and then some. I’m looking forward to how your site develops.

Just wondering, will this be the new official page for all plugins ? How will the new post 1-May Corona be linked to it ?

There won’t be any new official one.

I’m not sure if Richard is also still planning on setting up a marketplace of his own. If he is, then there will be two sites. If he isn’t, then Scott’s site seems to be the only one being setup.

Mine is still in development, yes. I don’t see any harm in uploading your plugins to all available markets - that just puts you in front of more customers - and I’m hoping Scott and I both feed off of each others ideas and end up with great portals for everybody.

Like the new forums, have a couple big announcements tomorrow. This includes an update on my plugins transitioning, subscriptions, and vendor applications :slight_smile:

solar2dmarketplace.com

Been a couple of days since I said I would release an update on the status of the marketplace.

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback. If you have not visited the site recently I recommend taking a look at it :slight_smile: . The colors have changed to match the solar2d website, subscriptions have been added, new plugins have been added and will continue to be added, a plugin submission system(which I have been using to submit my plugins) has been added (see photo below), subscriptions have been added, payments have been testing and working, and I am also happy to announce that I am now taking applications to be a plugin vendor for the solar2d marketplace!

While some vendor features are still in development a lot of features are done (like plugin activation analytics, parts of the vendor dashboard, submission page, etc). You submit your plugins for free, paid plugins, or even subscriptions based plugin. For paid plugins and subscriptions based plugins I take only 15% percent for handling plugin hosting and payment processing fees for your plugin.

To sign up to be a vendor create an account and sign in, go to the account page, and click the apply to be a vendor button.

2 Likes

Nice work Scott! Have you considered offering an all-for-one subscription price for you apps - not 3rd party vendors just your app collection?