How to use PlayHaven multiple Ad placements?

Hi guys,

I am sorry but I have another question about Playhaven!

This time i am trying to use different placements. Maybe one when the app start (gameStart) and maybe another after each gameplay (gamePlay) but I am confuse on how to do that?

From the Playhaven example:

doContentRequest = function(placement)       updateStatusText("Content Request called: " .. placement)     playHaven.contentRequest(placement, true) end   playHaven.doContentRequest("interstitial")  

The thing I do not get is how the code above allows to show an ad for a specific “placement”? It seems to me that the parameter that “playHaven.doContentRequest(“interstitial”)” send to the function doContentRequest(placement) is “interstitial”??

So basically is where can I pass the placement “gameStart” or “gamePlayEnd” placement string? Of course I did add those two placements in the Playhaven dashboard.

Thanks for any pointers!

Mo

I have to admit that I am impress with PlayHaven support so far. Here a response from Thomas at PlayHaven (thanks Thomas!) It answered my question so I hope it will help some of you as well.

Cheers.

Mo

Hello Mo,

Basically to call different content units you simply pass in different placement ids.

So for game start

playHaven.doContentRequest(“gamestart”)

and for game play

playHaven.doContentRequest(“gameplay”)

Personally I created a function for this so I didn’t have to write playhaven.functionname every time

doContentRequest = function(placement)
–updateStatusText("Content Request called: " … placement)
playHaven.contentRequest(placement, true)
end

Anyway, whatever placement you call inside of doContentRequest will change the content which is displayed.

Keep in mind that you need to hook up each placement to a content unit in your playhaven dashboard.

Thomas Hawco
PlayHaven Support Engineer

yes, they answer emails fast, but still there is a bug in the plugin, won’t run on android 2.2. and it seems as they cannot fix it.

@dingo: I am sorry for the bug on Android. I only have ios app and It seems to work fine for me.

I hope they can fix that Android bug soon.

Mo

I have to admit that I am impress with PlayHaven support so far. Here a response from Thomas at PlayHaven (thanks Thomas!) It answered my question so I hope it will help some of you as well.

Cheers.

Mo

Hello Mo,

Basically to call different content units you simply pass in different placement ids.

So for game start

playHaven.doContentRequest(“gamestart”)

and for game play

playHaven.doContentRequest(“gameplay”)

Personally I created a function for this so I didn’t have to write playhaven.functionname every time

doContentRequest = function(placement)
–updateStatusText("Content Request called: " … placement)
playHaven.contentRequest(placement, true)
end

Anyway, whatever placement you call inside of doContentRequest will change the content which is displayed.

Keep in mind that you need to hook up each placement to a content unit in your playhaven dashboard.

Thomas Hawco
PlayHaven Support Engineer

yes, they answer emails fast, but still there is a bug in the plugin, won’t run on android 2.2. and it seems as they cannot fix it.

@dingo: I am sorry for the bug on Android. I only have ios app and It seems to work fine for me.

I hope they can fix that Android bug soon.

Mo