Indentation issue

These changes will probably revert when Sublime updates, but Perry should be able to implement them into his CoronaSDK package.

I plan too.  This is partly why the Corona SDK Lua syntax definition exists, because updating the Lua syntax will get overwritten.  If you prefer to use the Lua syntax file make sure you report the issues so there’s some chance they’ll be fixed (I believe the Sublime Text forums are right place to do this though I seem to recall some effort to start using Github for the “packages” and I’m not sure if syntax definitions fall under that).  Note that the Corona SDK Lua syntax definition colorizes most of the Corona SDK specific stuff as well as the regular Lua things.

Perry, I am using the Corona SDK Lua syntax, which I much prefer. The changes I described above affect both the Lua and Corona SDK Lua syntaxes, I’m guessing because you haven’t specified any .tmPreferences in your package (just a guess… I’ve only been using Sublime a few days now).

I found that with my above approach, changing the Default.sublime-package was resulting in shortcuts for Toggle Comment, Toggle Block Comment, and Duplicate Line being disabled (because of hidden files OSX includes in zip which are difficult to remove). So here is a better approach which will also persist between Sublime updates.

*Note that if you have the shortcut issue mentioned above, delete the Sublime Text.app and reinstall. Your user settings and plugins will persist.

1. Install PackageResourceViewer from command palette

2. Run “PackageResourceViewer: Open Resource” from command palette

3. Navigate to Lua/Indent.tmPreferences and change middle block to look like this:

<key>decreaseIndentPattern</key> <string>^\s*(else|else\s*–.*|end|end\s*–.*|}\s*,|})\s*$|^\s*elseif\b((?!end).)*$</string> <key>increaseIndentPattern</key> <string>^\s*(else|elseif|for|(local\s+)?function|if|repeat|until|while)\b((?!end).)*$|.*=\s*function\s*([^)]*)\s*$|.*{\s*$</string>

4. Next use “PackageResourceViewer: Open Resource” to open Default/Rules - Comments.tmPreferences and change middle block to look like this:

<dict> <key>preserveIndent</key> <false/> </dict>

5. Make sure you save those 2 files (the plugin creates a copy of them in the appropriate places)

6. This step may be unnecessary, but clean the contents of Cache folder (for me, found at Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Cache)

So this works great except the “Run” (Windows+F10) command fails to launch the simulator, however the “Debug” option works (F10) after erroring out on the first line, then hitting F10 again to “step through” the first false positive error…I don’t debug much so this workaround is OK. Hell, it’s closer than I was a month ago with Sublime!!

Thanks again landoncope, this is really glorious!!!

-Mario

You’ll have to give some more details of what happens when you try to “Run” your project, including console output. 

Hey!

Well, console shows normal output as if it’s executing:

Corona Editor: Init Package Control: Skipping automatic upgrade, last run at 2015-07-26 14:54:01, next run at 2015-07-26 15:54:01 or after Corona Editor: Running: ['C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Corona Labs\\Corona SDK\\Corona Simulator.exe', '/singleton', '/no-console', 'C:\\Users\\mroberti\\Desktop\\SWN\\main.lua']

Then, it just sits there. I check TaskManager and I don’t see an instance of Corona fired up. 

I grabbed the edited pacakges I changed according to your directions above, copy them somewhere, uninstall Sublime and reinstall it, then re-copy my pacakages back in and still get the same results. 

Corona Editor: Running: [‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe’

Is that path accurate? On OSX, the daily build path differs from the standard Corona path. Also, what file is active in Sublime when you try to run it? You may run into some issues if the active .lua file is in a subdirectory relative to main.lua. 

I’m sad that the Corona plugin hasn’t been touched at all this year. It appears to have a number of problems. I’ve considered going in and fixing some of these issues myself, but if it’s dead I don’t want to bother. 

Yeah the path is correct. What’s damned peculiar is all the changes we’re applying don’t mess with any paths…maybe shortcut issues? But yeah I’m with ya. I’m sad about the editor. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, back to LUA Glider…

-Mario

I love Lua Glider, except for how slow it is (Netbeans being Java based). And sadly, its development has been dead for at least a year.

And yeah, the changes above shouldn’t have any effect on running your projects… Are you able to run your projects without the changes?

Yeah without changes on a fresh reinstall of Sublime it runs fine.

re: LUA Glider, Ditto. The slowness has really started to bum me out lately. But, it indents without issue. Sublime really IS spunky and responsive…but yeah. Dang. 

-Mario

If you delete the Default folder in your Sublime user packages directory, and the cache folder and restart Sublime, are you able to run projects? The are probably in something like “C:\Users{user}\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3” on Windows.

I don’t see anything named “default” or “cache folder” or whatever to delete in that directory to delete. 

In Sublime, go to Preferences->Browse Packages. You should see a Default folder here, and the Cache folder one level above it. 

Strange, I uninstalled and reinstalled Sublime yet again, and now it runs using the default commands, before doing any of your previous posts stuff and it works now…nice. For now…:slight_smile: I’ll give it a stab. I have to do the same to my PC at home so I’ll see if the above post fixes it and report back.

-Mario

Well no joy on my pc at home. I copied the packages I fiddled with from my work PC to my home PC. Build still doesn’t do anything, nor does the indentation.

Also, I can’t find a “default” or “cached” folder when I got to the directory you mention, only 3 folders; “bz2”, “Corona Editor”, and “User”.

I even tried blowing EVERYTHING away after uninstalling, reinstalling sublime and the package installation stuff; man I think I’m over it. Blergh.

Did you follow my latest instructions that involve using PackageResourceViewer to make the changes? 

Yep, still no joy. But, I’m wondering if I screwed up something from copying my work setup to home…can I get a review on which items to edit finally? There’s a lot of strikethroughs and additions you were kind enough to make on the previous pages. What are the (As it stands now) the files and changes that need to be made? I’ll uninstall sublime again, blow away all accompanying files, and try it again on my home box and see if we can’t make it right.

Presently, it still chokes on comments on my box now.

-Mario

These are the only instructions you need to follow: