inneractive Fullscreen Ad: No 'close' button on Android

Everyone,

Fullscreen ads on Android do “not” have a close/skip button like how it is implemented on iOS. It’s not a bug. That’s just the way it was made on Android. On Android, you are expected to close the ad yourself when the user presses the Back button. You can do this by listening for key events. Please see sample app “Hardware/KeyEvents” that is included with the Corona SDK on how to set this up.

That said, I’ve noted this as an inconsistency to inneractive several months ago. They were kind enough to modify their library to add Back/Skip button support to the fullscreen ad themselves. We just haven’t integrated their newest library yet because we are completely swamped on our end. So, we’re currently looking into giving inneractive the ability to integrate their library as a plugin into Corona so that they can maintain it themselves. Until that happens, handling the Back key yourself as mentioned above is your only option. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 130725[/import]

@joshua any updates on this? full screen ads without close/skip button does not really provide good user interface… [import]uid: 64174 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131958[/import]

No updates yet, other than we have a working plugin system now that we are going to have key 3rd party developers evaluate and attempt to make “real” feature plugins for Corona. Plugin support is not something we want to rush and impose a hard date on because it’s incredibly important that we get it right.

You know, you can always make your own fullscreen ad using inneractive’s banner ad which would give you absolute control over its appearance. You can even add your own Skip/Close button using our widget library. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131977[/import]

Ah well… full screen banner ads suck IMO!
I guess our android users will have to put up with it :wink:
The iOS version has close/skip button right? [import]uid: 64174 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131992[/import]

Yes, the iOS version has a “Skip” button. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131997[/import]

@joshua any updates on this? full screen ads without close/skip button does not really provide good user interface… [import]uid: 64174 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131958[/import]

No updates yet, other than we have a working plugin system now that we are going to have key 3rd party developers evaluate and attempt to make “real” feature plugins for Corona. Plugin support is not something we want to rush and impose a hard date on because it’s incredibly important that we get it right.

You know, you can always make your own fullscreen ad using inneractive’s banner ad which would give you absolute control over its appearance. You can even add your own Skip/Close button using our widget library. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131977[/import]

Ah well… full screen banner ads suck IMO!
I guess our android users will have to put up with it :wink:
The iOS version has close/skip button right? [import]uid: 64174 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131992[/import]

Yes, the iOS version has a “Skip” button. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 131997[/import]

There is still no close button on full screen ads. Am I doing something wrong or it is still known issue?

Fullscreen ads on Android do not have a Close or Skip button.  Only the iOS version has it.

You have to override the Back key and close it yourself.

Yeah that is a VERY VERY POOR DESIGN… Y’ALL REALLY NEED TO FIX THAT.

i mean come on - telling us to add a timer to close the ad is a little silly, but I did do it.

It works on android but NOT on IOS - see my other post.

http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/33791-ios-ad-issue-timer-in-listener-is-never-fired/

so this means I can not release my app on IOS to until this issue is fixed.

There is still no close button on full screen ads. Am I doing something wrong or it is still known issue?

Fullscreen ads on Android do not have a Close or Skip button.  Only the iOS version has it.

You have to override the Back key and close it yourself.

Yeah that is a VERY VERY POOR DESIGN… Y’ALL REALLY NEED TO FIX THAT.

i mean come on - telling us to add a timer to close the ad is a little silly, but I did do it.

It works on android but NOT on IOS - see my other post.

http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/33791-ios-ad-issue-timer-in-listener-is-never-fired/

so this means I can not release my app on IOS to until this issue is fixed.

Hi everyone,

Joshua mentioned that we can control the appearance of banner Inneractive. How do we do it? I searched the documentation and I have not found.

Can we control the size and width of the banner?

Hi everyone,

Joshua mentioned that we can control the appearance of banner Inneractive. How do we do it? I searched the documentation and I have not found.

Can we control the size and width of the banner?