inneractive Fullscreen Ad: No 'close' button on Android

Hello,

I implemented a fullscreen ad from inneractive in my app.
However, on Android all fullscreen ads do not have a close button. On iOS the button is shown correctly.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.2 for testing.

Does anyone else have had this issue? If yes, how did you solve or workaround it?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Bjoern [import]uid: 115787 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 331571[/import]

Hey Bjoern,

I wrote to inneractive about this way back when I first started using them in my apps; this is apparently how they designed it, there isn’t meant to be a close button for Android. (I believe the back button may work?) [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126139[/import]

Hey Peach,

unfortunately, using the back button closes the app completely.

I was wondering if the problem is maybe only apparent on Android 2.2.

I also tried to build the close button myself. However, with no success yet. The problem is that I do not get the close button above the fullscreen ad. The ad screen is always above everything. I also tried using “closeButton:toFront()” in the inneractive listener function.
The y-property does not seem to have impact on the fullscreen ad, so moving it about 20px downwards and showing the button at the top is not possible either.

Since I do not want to show ads which can only be “closed” by leaving the application, I would be very happy if someone had a solution for this issue.

Best regards,
Bjoern [import]uid: 115787 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126142[/import]

Hi,

My name is Nirit and I’m a support manager at inneractive, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.

The close button has been added few version ago and the design was indeed changed.
Corona are currently using an older version of our Android SDK and are now working on upgrading their integration.
I’m sure Corona guys will update when the new integration is ready and available :slight_smile:

Please feel free to contact me at support@inner-active.com if you have any questions or comments,

Best regards,
Nirit. [import]uid: 170612 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126212[/import]

@Nirit- Well that’s good to hear - I don’t work with that side of things but was under the impression we updated quite recently and wasn’t able to get a reply last I wrote. Is Orly still with you guys? [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126298[/import]

Orly is no longer a Developer Account Manager at inneractive, she moved to another position within the company.
Regarding the SDK- Our product managers have a contact person at your end and that’s the last update I got from them. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 170612 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126344[/import]

Hey Bjoern,

I wrote to inneractive about this way back when I first started using them in my apps; this is apparently how they designed it, there isn’t meant to be a close button for Android. (I believe the back button may work?) [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126139[/import]

Hey Peach,

unfortunately, using the back button closes the app completely.

I was wondering if the problem is maybe only apparent on Android 2.2.

I also tried to build the close button myself. However, with no success yet. The problem is that I do not get the close button above the fullscreen ad. The ad screen is always above everything. I also tried using “closeButton:toFront()” in the inneractive listener function.
The y-property does not seem to have impact on the fullscreen ad, so moving it about 20px downwards and showing the button at the top is not possible either.

Since I do not want to show ads which can only be “closed” by leaving the application, I would be very happy if someone had a solution for this issue.

Best regards,
Bjoern [import]uid: 115787 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126142[/import]

Very glad to hear she’s still with the company, she was always so friendly and upbeat :slight_smile:

As to the latter, I’m sure I’m simply out of the loop on this one as I’ve not been at the office in awhile but I’ll be there Monday and get up to speed - looking forward to trying the latest version!

Peach :slight_smile: [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126416[/import]

Hi,

My name is Nirit and I’m a support manager at inneractive, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.

The close button has been added few version ago and the design was indeed changed.
Corona are currently using an older version of our Android SDK and are now working on upgrading their integration.
I’m sure Corona guys will update when the new integration is ready and available :slight_smile:

Please feel free to contact me at support@inner-active.com if you have any questions or comments,

Best regards,
Nirit. [import]uid: 170612 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126212[/import]

@Nirit- Well that’s good to hear - I don’t work with that side of things but was under the impression we updated quite recently and wasn’t able to get a reply last I wrote. Is Orly still with you guys? [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126298[/import]

Orly is no longer a Developer Account Manager at inneractive, she moved to another position within the company.
Regarding the SDK- Our product managers have a contact person at your end and that’s the last update I got from them. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 170612 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126344[/import]

Very glad to hear she’s still with the company, she was always so friendly and upbeat :slight_smile:

As to the latter, I’m sure I’m simply out of the loop on this one as I’ve not been at the office in awhile but I’ll be there Monday and get up to speed - looking forward to trying the latest version!

Peach :slight_smile: [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 126416[/import]

Hey Peach,

Thanks for the comment above :slight_smile:
I am still here at inneractive - but only on the other side of the business.
I am now working with big agencies and ad providers to implement premium brand campaigns to our traffic.

If you need anything - just let me know :slight_smile:
orly@inner-active.com [import]uid: 109623 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 127565[/import]

Oh how awesome to see your avatar again! That’s great to hear, I’m sure you are a wonderful connection for them.

Best of luck, will touch base with you sometime in the future, I’m sure :slight_smile:

Peach [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 127659[/import]

Hey Peach,

Thanks for the comment above :slight_smile:
I am still here at inneractive - but only on the other side of the business.
I am now working with big agencies and ad providers to implement premium brand campaigns to our traffic.

If you need anything - just let me know :slight_smile:
orly@inner-active.com [import]uid: 109623 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 127565[/import]

Oh how awesome to see your avatar again! That’s great to hear, I’m sure you are a wonderful connection for them.

Best of luck, will touch base with you sometime in the future, I’m sure :slight_smile:

Peach [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 127659[/import]

Hi Peach, any news on this? Conora is wonderful, but when you are working with ads it can be really stressful. You won’t believe how many headaches I have because of this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Juan Cruz [import]uid: 112380 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 130396[/import]

Hi Peach, any news on this? Conora is wonderful, but when you are working with ads it can be really stressful. You won’t believe how many headaches I have because of this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Juan Cruz [import]uid: 112380 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 130396[/import]

Everyone,

Fullscreen ads on Android do “not” have a close/skip button like how it is implemented on iOS. It’s not a bug. That’s just the way it was made on Android. On Android, you are expected to close the ad yourself when the user presses the Back button. You can do this by listening for key events. Please see sample app “Hardware/KeyEvents” that is included with the Corona SDK on how to set this up.

That said, I’ve noted this as an inconsistency to inneractive several months ago. They were kind enough to modify their library to add Back/Skip button support to the fullscreen ad themselves. We just haven’t integrated their newest library yet because we are completely swamped on our end. So, we’re currently looking into giving inneractive the ability to integrate their library as a plugin into Corona so that they can maintain it themselves. Until that happens, handling the Back key yourself as mentioned above is your only option. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 31571 reply_id: 130725[/import]