Inneractive: MAJOR crash issue - please help

If put together my own ad-rotation system (iAds and inneractive) which looks like the following:

-- require ads functions  
local ads = require("ads")   

-- set flag telling if app is in test- or life mode  
local isTesting = false  

-- function to show ads  
function showMyAds()   
 transition.to(adFrame, {time = 140, alpha = 0}) -- fade out placeholder  

-- hide any pre-existing ad from screen  
 ads.hide()  

-- show ads with a slight delay  
 timer.performWithDelay( 200, function() ads.show( "banner", { x = 0, y = 0, interval = 45} ) end)  
end  

-- hide ads  
function hideMyAds()  
 -- hide any existing ads  
 ads.hide()  

-- set flag  
 gameData.adVisible = false  
end  
local function adListener(event)  

local msg = event.response  

if event.isError then  

-- ad error, fade in placeholder for banner  
 transition.to(adFrame, {time = 140, alpha = 1})  

-- set flag  
 gameData.adVisible = false  

-- if iAds does not work, try inneractive  
 if gameData.adProvider == "iads" then  
 gameData.adProvider = "inneractive"  
 ads:setCurrentProvider("inneractive") -- switch to inneractive ad-network  
 showMyAds()  

elseif gameData.adProvider == "inneractive" then  
 gameData.adProvider = "iads"  
 ads:setCurrentProvider("iads") -- start over with iAds  
 showMyAds()  
 end  
 else   
 -- ad retrieved, fade out placeholder for banner  
 transition.to(adFrame, {time = 140, alpha = 0})  
 gameData.adVisible = true  
 end  
end  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
-- INITIALISE ADVERTISEMENTS  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
local function initialiseAds()  
 if gameData.appType == "FREE" then  
 -- initialise all ad networks  
 ads.init("iads", "XXXXX", adListener)  
 ads.init("inneractive", "XXXXX", adListener)  

-- start with first iAds  
 gameData.adProvider = "iads"  
 timer.performWithDelay (200, function() ads:setCurrentProvider("iads") end)  
 end  
end  

initialiseAds()  

I saved the above code to a file called “adsystem.lua” which is loaded within my main.lua file.

Now to the major crash issue which shows up when displaying inneractive ads. This is driving me nuts and I do not know how to solve this:

When the player starts a game, the function “showMyAds()” is called once the game board has finished drawing. All is fine, the ads show up and rotate depending on availability of ads with iAds and inneractive. Once a game round has ended or the player has quit the game, I clean up the game screen and (amongst other functions) “hideMyAds()” is called to take the ads away from the sreen.

Now comes the ugly part: if the player starts a new game or if he did not quit the game before and starts another game round, the gameboard is re-drawn and “showMyAds()” is called again. It is the exact same procedure as when the player started the game for the first time.

In case of an inneractive ad displayed, the game will crash within 15-30 seconds after the ad has shown up on the screen. I have no clue what is going on but I guess that this is connected to the ads.hide() function which is called once the player has finished/quit his initial game round and where ads were loaded for the first time. The game crash does not occur when displaying iAds, just with inneractive ads. My game does not react on orientation changes so it can not be about that.

To summarize it: first round of ad displayworks fine but after hiding the ads and showing ads again the game crashes.

I would be grateful if someone could help me since this crash is the only thing standing in my way right now and I can not publish the game.

Just a side notice: when showing inneractive ads, the adListener is not triggered for any reason so I can not see if anything went wrong. All works fine with iAds but not event-messages for inneractive ads.

Many thanks.

[import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 336935[/import]

@heftyApps, I don’t know the cause of the crash, but I thought I’d let you know that I filed a bug about inneractive ads not triggering adListener. It’s filed as case# 21361. Not getting any event feedback when showing inneractive ads makes it not usable in my app. (In this case, I use interstitial fullscreen ads, and I don’t want to guess the timing for updating my screen via timer…)

Naomi

Edit: What daily build are you using? I tested mine with daily build 1041. [import]uid: 67217 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145207[/import]

Naomi, I’m using the latest daily build. Is your app crashing when you hide an inneractive ad and then show it again? [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145213[/import]

@heftyApps, I have not implemented banner ads, and with interstitial fullscreen ads, I have not experienced any crash – but then, I haven’t tested inneractive fullscreen ads very much because of the adListener bug. Instead, I’m coupling iads with revmob for now, which is working nicely. That said, I do want to be able to switch between as many ad providers as possible – the more the better, because then, I can switch back and forth among ad providers (controlled by the backend server) when one stops performing.

Naomi [import]uid: 67217 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145214[/import]

@heftyApps, I don’t know the cause of the crash, but I thought I’d let you know that I filed a bug about inneractive ads not triggering adListener. It’s filed as case# 21361. Not getting any event feedback when showing inneractive ads makes it not usable in my app. (In this case, I use interstitial fullscreen ads, and I don’t want to guess the timing for updating my screen via timer…)

Naomi

Edit: What daily build are you using? I tested mine with daily build 1041. [import]uid: 67217 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145207[/import]

Naomi, I’m using the latest daily build. Is your app crashing when you hide an inneractive ad and then show it again? [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145213[/import]

@heftyApps, I have not implemented banner ads, and with interstitial fullscreen ads, I have not experienced any crash – but then, I haven’t tested inneractive fullscreen ads very much because of the adListener bug. Instead, I’m coupling iads with revmob for now, which is working nicely. That said, I do want to be able to switch between as many ad providers as possible – the more the better, because then, I can switch back and forth among ad providers (controlled by the backend server) when one stops performing.

Naomi

Hi,

Thanks for choosing inner-active.

I am the Support Manager from inner-active. My name is Renu Punjabi. I was forwarded your post by someone and so I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you can create a support ticket and we will be happy to help you with your questions.

Can you please send us a code snippet of integration of our SDK into your project?

Will wait for your reply.

Best Regards,
Renu Punjabi
Support Manager
inner-active.com [import]uid: 217712 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145355[/import]

Thank you, Renu. I sent an email to the inneractive to support team with a link to this thread and with further information included in the email itself.

I am looking forward to receive help on this one as I have tried all kind of things but cannot find a fix for the crash. Only option right now would be to let go of Inneractive ads but I would like to avoid that if possible. [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145387[/import]

Naomi

Hi,

Thanks for choosing inner-active.

I am the Support Manager from inner-active. My name is Renu Punjabi. I was forwarded your post by someone and so I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you can create a support ticket and we will be happy to help you with your questions.

Can you please send us a code snippet of integration of our SDK into your project?

Will wait for your reply.

Best Regards,
Renu Punjabi
Support Manager
inner-active.com [import]uid: 217712 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145355[/import]

Thank you, Renu. I sent an email to the inneractive to support team with a link to this thread and with further information included in the email itself.

I am looking forward to receive help on this one as I have tried all kind of things but cannot find a fix for the crash. Only option right now would be to let go of Inneractive ads but I would like to avoid that if possible. [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36935 reply_id: 145387[/import]