Interstitial Problem

I am trying to show an interstitial ad but my app get locked… Here’s my code

local tapfortap = require "plugin.tapfortap" tapfortap.initialize("85aa58c7a870570ab870f60d48935aef") storyboard = require("storyboard") local preload = storyboard.newScene() function preload:createScene( event ) -- Prepare an interstitial for the first call to showInterstitial() tapfortap.prepareInterstitial() end function goto() --REST OF CODE end function preload:enterScene( event ) -- Later show an App Wall tapfortap.showInterstitial() timer.performWithDelay(5000, goto, 1) end preload:addEventListener( "createScene" ) preload:addEventListener( "enterScene" ) return preload

As you see in my createScene I prepare the Ad and then in enterScene I try to show it, but it fails… My app keep open but do nothing!! Please help!

I think your issue may be that ‘goto’ is a reserved keyword in Lua, but you’ve tried to give that name to a function.  Try naming the function something else and see if that fixes it.

• Andrew

Thank you, but I don’t have any error in the Corona Simulator… the goto function works and moves to next scene…

Ah, interesting, in that case it must not be it.  Although as a best practice, you probably shouldn’t name a function ‘goto’, since it’s liable to be confusing and may cause issues down the road.  (Similarly, you wouldn’t name a function ‘print’ unless you actually wanted to replace the standard print function.)

I haven’t used tapfortap myself, so unfortunately I can’t help with the issue you’re having.

• Andrew

Thank you for your advice… I will change this inmediatly.

Update… I have leave alone the Interstitial in a scene, but same happens… Just stick in that screen but no show the ad :frowning:

Hmm not sure what is going on at the moment. It seems like the plugin is not being included in builds at the moment as I myself get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: plugin.tapfortap.LuaLoader

So nothing is working as no calls can be made into the Tap for Tap library. I will take a look into this.

Solved! Sorry but there was a problem in the build.settings file! I will be testing Tap for Tap. Thanks

Awesome, now that you mention that, I think I also forgot to update my build.settings when I was testing your code which is why I got the error I did.

I think your issue may be that ‘goto’ is a reserved keyword in Lua, but you’ve tried to give that name to a function.  Try naming the function something else and see if that fixes it.

• Andrew

Thank you, but I don’t have any error in the Corona Simulator… the goto function works and moves to next scene…

Ah, interesting, in that case it must not be it.  Although as a best practice, you probably shouldn’t name a function ‘goto’, since it’s liable to be confusing and may cause issues down the road.  (Similarly, you wouldn’t name a function ‘print’ unless you actually wanted to replace the standard print function.)

I haven’t used tapfortap myself, so unfortunately I can’t help with the issue you’re having.

• Andrew

Thank you for your advice… I will change this inmediatly.

Update… I have leave alone the Interstitial in a scene, but same happens… Just stick in that screen but no show the ad :frowning:

Hmm not sure what is going on at the moment. It seems like the plugin is not being included in builds at the moment as I myself get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: plugin.tapfortap.LuaLoader

So nothing is working as no calls can be made into the Tap for Tap library. I will take a look into this.

Solved! Sorry but there was a problem in the build.settings file! I will be testing Tap for Tap. Thanks

Awesome, now that you mention that, I think I also forgot to update my build.settings when I was testing your code which is why I got the error I did.