iOS BUILD ERROR when using plugins

I just downloaded Corona-3596 on macOS and can’t build apps that use plugins without getting the following error.

ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.o)) built for free standing
May 27 10:51:02.845 ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(gameNetwork.o)) built for free standing
ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaGameNetworkLibrary.o)) built for free standing
ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaProvider.licensing.o)) built for free standing
ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(licensing.o)) built for free standing
ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/mike/+Mobile App Dev/Corona Dev Files/Dev Builds/plugins-sample-applovin-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaLicensingLibrary.o)) built for free standing
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
“___darwin_check_fd_set_overflow”, referenced from:
_global_select in libtemplate.a(select.o)
_collect_fd in libtemplate.a(select.o)
_return_fd in libtemplate.a(select.o)
_global_select in libtemplate.a(select.o)
_collect_fd in libtemplate.a(select.o)
_return_fd in libtemplate.a(select.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
May 27 10:51:02.857 BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

Have you looked at this thread? How do I update my plugins?

@bgmadclown
I looked through the thread but I did not see people having the same error as me. Also the documentation for the plugins don’t say anything about what that thread was talking about. The documentation for the plugins say’s the same thing it always did so I assume everything should be working the same as before.

Since this is a transition period, documentation is falling a bit behind. Before they are all up-to-date it would be a good idea to stick to the forums.

If you are using the offline builds from GitHub, self-hosted plugins are the way to go. If you haven’t made the transition from Corona builds, then it’s still the same but we don’t know how long it’s going to last.

Actually, for all first party plugins, way to go is just include them as they are, without custom URLs.
This issue looks like wrong Xcode version. Probably should rebuild with 11.5. What version of Xcode do you have?

@vlads
Building with xCode 11.5 did the trick. Thanks for the help Vlad.