Is 14.0 BETA ok to use for release build?

Solar iOS builds uses the SDK bundled with Xcode. Just open Xcode and select which SDK to use for command line tools (see my screen capture). After that you can build from the Solar simulator and your selected iOS SDK should show up there.

Thank you, I misunderstood. I see that now in xcode preferences, now have to install 11.7. Thanks for your work on this.

Much easier than I thought. Download, double-click, select in preferences. Thank you.

1 Like

New version of Corona is out. So far my results have been good.

With the new daily build does it still show as IOS SDK 14.0 Beta when build for ios?

For me it builds successfully now, but when I try to put it on my iphone, the app is added according to xcode installed apps but no icon shows, and I cant find the app on the actual iphone.

it still shows as Beta. I have icons and I was able to send it to testflight although I have not downloaded it yet.

I still can’t build my app with Xcode 12 (iOS 14 BETA) using latest build 3618. Looks like the stack trace is exactly the same as with 3617. Is there anything else that I need to do?

Sep 22 06:25:20.504 ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'VNGMoatMobileAppKit'
Sep 22 06:25:20.504 ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackXML'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackUIKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'Protobuf'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackNASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackMRAIDKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackFoundation'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVideoPlayer'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealMediationCoreObjC'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackRichMedia'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTAssets'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealAdExchangeSDK'
                    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
                      "_swiftoverride_class_getSuperclass(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*)", referenced from:
                          swift::swift50override_conformsToProtocol(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetWitnessTable<swift::InProcess> const* (*)(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*)) in libswiftCompatibility50.a(ProtocolConformance.cpp.o)
                      "swift::swift51override_conformsToSwiftProtocol(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, llvm::StringRef, swift::TargetProtocolConformanceDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const* (*)(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, llvm::StringRef))", referenced from:
                          _Swift50Overrides in libswiftCompatibility50.a(Overrides.cpp.o)
                    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Sep 22 06:25:20.504 BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.
Sep 22 06:25:20.504 
Sep 22 06:25:20.610 iOS build failed (2) after 19 seconds
Sep 22 06:25:20.921 ERROR: Build Failed: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.
Sep 22 06:25:20.922

With the new version build 2020.3618, this problem is gone: https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/releases/

Even though the SDK listed on the Build screen is listing 14.0 BETA, it works on my iPhone in TestFlight. It uploaded to iTunes Connect without any difficulty using Transporter.

@vlads Thank you.

Still not working for me. Same problem.

Working on it.

2 Likes

Thanks @vlads! :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem. Still not working for me with 2020.3619

What plugins are you both using? This looks like a particular plugin issue. Facebook maybe?

Yeah, I’m using Facebook v4a. What makes you think it has to do with that plugin?

1. I am able to build. I don’t have that error.
  2. The first error is VNGMoatMobileAppKit. This was used by a few adnetworks in the past. Including Facebook, Admob (I think it was removed recently), and Unity (Also removed I think). But don’t know how old the Solar plugins are since I don’t use them. So to me, this points to some sort of ad network with a messed up dependency.

Post here your plugin section and I’ll help you figure it out.

You’re probably right.

plugins =
    {
        ["plugin.reviewPopUp"] =
	    {
	       publisherId = "tech.scotth",
	    },
        ["plugin.bit"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
            supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, osx=true, win32=true }
        },
        ["plugin.gameanalytics_v2"] = {
            publisherId = "com.cabagomez",
            supportedPlatforms = {
                iphone = { url="<path-to-my-server>/gameanalytics.tgz" },
                android = false,
                macos = false,
                win32 = false
            },
        },        
        ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
            supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true }
        },        
        ["plugin.flurry.analytics"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
        },
        ["plugin.facebook.v4a"] =
        {
           publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
        },       

-- Appodeal
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Tapjoy'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    }

The particular error your are seeing is for Vungle. But if you comment out Vungle you’ll end up with the next error.

Basically, the Appodeal plugin is not currently usable. I think @cyberparkstudios added a defect on GitHub.

1 Like

@markus_Ranner … I made that issue entry on GitHub under username ‘ripps7’, 5 days ago now.
after I updated to newest Xcode … the only line I put in my build settings was
[“plugin.appodeal.beta.base”] = {publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,},

I also tried a couple other single appodeal plugin lines, 1 at a time, just to test to see which if any may be causing the error listed below. Even now with the 3619 sdk build I still get linker error …

build/plugin.appodeal.beta.base/Appodeal.framework/Appodeal(STKVideoProgressBar.o)) was built for newer iOS version (9.0) than being linked (8.0)

originally I was using 3617, then 3618, and finally 3619. … same error each time.

1 Like

Ok, thanks both for looking in to it.

@vlads, you said you were working on it right? How are things progressing?

That is not the error, that is a warning. Error would be about broken swift :frowning:

Sorry, my error I guess…

although the line starts with ‘error’

‘ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning:’ … it does show warning after that.

Either way, it results in linker error… and I still have no idea why the appodeal plugin fails even with just one of the maybe 30 ‘plugin’ lines possible to put into the build settings.