issue with onesignal and new gpgs

Hi,

We want to use new gpgs and onesignal.
Onesignal require plugin.google.play.services but new gpgs does not work with this plugin.

If i remove plugin.google.play.services form build.settings then app can connect to gpgs but can’t get messages from onesignal.

If dont’t remove plugin.google.play.services form build.settings then app can get messages but can’t connect to gpgs.

Included plugins

plugins =     {         ["plugin.zip"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs"         },                  ["plugin.toast"] =         {             publisherId = "com.spiralcodestudio"         },                  ["plugin.gpgs"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",             supportedPlatforms = { android=true },         },                  ["plugin.google.iap.v3"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",             supportedPlatforms = { android=true }         },                  ["plugin.notifications"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs"         },                  ["plugin.OneSignal"] =         {             publisherId = "com.onesignal",         },                         ["plugin.vibrator"] =         {                 publisherId = "com.spiralcodestudio"         },                          ["plugin.twitter"] =         {             publisherId = "com.jasonschroeder",         },         ['plugin.vk'] =         {             publisherId = 'com.spiralcodestudio'         },         ["plugin.facebook.v4"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",         },         ["plugin.pasteboard"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",         },         ["plugin.appodeal"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",             supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, appletvos=true }         },         ["CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.apple"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",             supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true }         },             },

what should i do?

We are working on a solution and are getting close.

Rob

Rob, this says you are working on a solution - it has been 17 days since your post. We tried to post a new version LIVE yesterday but discovered this issue and now we are stuck.

Can you provide an update?

This was the Android dependencies that we announced last week. Simply update to daily build 3005 or later and rebuild. It should solve this.

Rob

Hi @Rob, it seems that the One Signal plugin had never updated for the Android dependencies.

If I have  plugin.google.play.services  included, One Signal works for daily build 3004.

However it doesn’t work for daily build after 3005, no matter you include  plugin.google.play.services or not.

There are reports at the OneSignal dashboard as “Missing Google Play Services Library”

@Rob - have a Happy New Year! You deserve it!

Can you please resolve this asap? Otherwise, for Android, we’re stuck using daily build 3004 and cannot update until you do as Wilson above has stated. Thankfully, Wilson found this workaround. Thank you, @Wilson!

We do not maintain the OneSignal plugin ourselves. We’ve notified OneSignal that the plugin will need to be updated to utilize the new dependency system, however they have not done so yet.

You can contact them as well and ask them to update their plugin. I’d assume the more people that request an update, the faster they will make it happen.

OK I just sent a message to them. Thanks @ingemar_cl

George from OneSignal here. Just wanted to let everyone know that our team is looking into this and we plan to have it fixed soon.

The OneSignal plugin has been updated for Corona build 3005+ to fix this issue. No changes are need, rebuilding your app will include the needed Google Play services library files now.

We are working on a solution and are getting close.

Rob

Rob, this says you are working on a solution - it has been 17 days since your post. We tried to post a new version LIVE yesterday but discovered this issue and now we are stuck.

Can you provide an update?

This was the Android dependencies that we announced last week. Simply update to daily build 3005 or later and rebuild. It should solve this.

Rob

Hi @Rob, it seems that the One Signal plugin had never updated for the Android dependencies.

If I have  plugin.google.play.services  included, One Signal works for daily build 3004.

However it doesn’t work for daily build after 3005, no matter you include  plugin.google.play.services or not.

There are reports at the OneSignal dashboard as “Missing Google Play Services Library”

@Rob - have a Happy New Year! You deserve it!

Can you please resolve this asap? Otherwise, for Android, we’re stuck using daily build 3004 and cannot update until you do as Wilson above has stated. Thankfully, Wilson found this workaround. Thank you, @Wilson!

We do not maintain the OneSignal plugin ourselves. We’ve notified OneSignal that the plugin will need to be updated to utilize the new dependency system, however they have not done so yet.

You can contact them as well and ask them to update their plugin. I’d assume the more people that request an update, the faster they will make it happen.

OK I just sent a message to them. Thanks @ingemar_cl

George from OneSignal here. Just wanted to let everyone know that our team is looking into this and we plan to have it fixed soon.

The OneSignal plugin has been updated for Corona build 3005+ to fix this issue. No changes are need, rebuilding your app will include the needed Google Play services library files now.