Kudos to AdBuddiz for support

I just wanted to publicly say “thanks” and acknowledge AdBuddiz for their quick/knowledgeable support.

Story:  I had noticed that their plugin was silently adding the READ_PHONE_STATE permission on Android builds.  I contacted them (yesterday) and asked if that permission were truly necessary/mandatory, or if could be made optional, at developer’s discretion.  I quickly received an intelligent (‘engineering grade’) reply, where it was evident that they understood the issue, knew exactly what that permission is/does, and could confirm that it was in fact optional.  I was advised that they’d be posting a revised version of their plugin, and I’d just need to wait for an “update sync” to occur on Corona’s end.  True to their word and very timely - I rebuilt the sample a few moments ago and the permission was no longer present.

It was really much easier, and much quicker, than I could have hoped for.  In truth, I had been “on the fence” about giving these (seemingly) “new guys” a shot at my advertising, but based on their support I have no such reservations any more.  Of course, their network still might not end up being a great fit for my app, but I’m certainly willing to at least give them a shot.

ymmv, fwiw, hth

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks a lot for that heart-warming post! Also thanks to Corona for the quick push that made this possible!

As you said, we’re quite “new” to Corona, but on other technologies (Native, Unity, Air/Flash…), we’re now around for quite a long time serving ads and generating revenues to thousands of developers daily :slight_smile:

We’re always available through mail if you have any other question :wink:

Hi Dave, thanks a lot for that heart-warming post! Also thanks to Corona for the quick push that made this possible!

As you said, we’re quite “new” to Corona, but on other technologies (Native, Unity, Air/Flash…), we’re now around for quite a long time serving ads and generating revenues to thousands of developers daily :slight_smile:

We’re always available through mail if you have any other question :wink: