Level Director - Level creation tool for windows

If you have had problems running the examples on a real device then it is caused by the case in the image folder name.

Change the folder name ‘Images’ to ‘images’ or in config.lua change ‘images’ to ‘Images’ and they should build and run correctly.
It is annoying that the build process does not detect issues with case.

I’ll fix this in the installer and release a point build shortly.

Thanks to ‘berry’ for bringing this to my attention. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 132869[/import]

I’m pleased to announce Level Director 1.7 which includes Bezier Curves at www.retrofitproductions.com

• Newly added Text Objects are now positioned correctly when canvas scrolled.
• Updated config files in all examples so that the case of the image folders matched the actual folders.
o This resolves an issue where the examples did not run on a real device.
• Fixed issue with objects that are rotated and scaled.
• NEW : added ability to create Bezier curves.
o Each bezier has the option to export only data or data and display.
o Note: physics properties are not currently supported.
o Bezier points can be added, moved and deleted.
o Added new example project ‘Bezier’ to show it in action. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133774[/import]

For anyone interested I’ve included the example bezier project from Level Director.
http://www.retrofitproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Bezier.rar

This will give you an idea of how the Level Director export works and an example of how the bezier.lua module is used. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133880[/import]

I’ve just uploaded v1.71 which resolves an issue in the export when scaling objects which are part of a spritesheet. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133937[/import]

I’m pleased to announce Level Director 1.7 which includes Bezier Curves at www.retrofitproductions.com

• Newly added Text Objects are now positioned correctly when canvas scrolled.
• Updated config files in all examples so that the case of the image folders matched the actual folders.
o This resolves an issue where the examples did not run on a real device.
• Fixed issue with objects that are rotated and scaled.
• NEW : added ability to create Bezier curves.
o Each bezier has the option to export only data or data and display.
o Note: physics properties are not currently supported.
o Bezier points can be added, moved and deleted.
o Added new example project ‘Bezier’ to show it in action. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133774[/import]

Just released v1.72 that fixes an issue when copying and pasting bezier curves. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134086[/import]

For anyone interested I’ve included the example bezier project from Level Director.
http://www.retrofitproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Bezier.rar

This will give you an idea of how the Level Director export works and an example of how the bezier.lua module is used. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133880[/import]

I’ve just uploaded v1.71 which resolves an issue in the export when scaling objects which are part of a spritesheet. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 133937[/import]

Just released v1.72 that fixes an issue when copying and pasting bezier curves. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134086[/import]

1. Draw a Polygon.
  2. I don’t know if this is even possible, but I want to have an image and like carve the level inside the image, something like deleting part of the image with a custom shape to carve a level. [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134546[/import]

Hi alfgago,

1. Yes the ability to draw polygons is on the list as no. 11 custom vector objects.
  2. I’m not what you mean here but it sounds like you want to you use masks, have you explored these?

Thanks for your suggestions.
[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134564[/import]

The #2 was hard to explain, but I don’t even think it’s possible. Sort of like masks, but actually change the image and have the physics shape adapt on the edges of the deleted part. Or actually, a mask in the editor would work almost as good, that’s something else I’d like, a custom mask editor xD [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134587[/import]

I think I know what you mean now, I’ll add ‘masks’ to the list.

How did you get on exporting your scaled and rotated images, are they ok now?
[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134623[/import]

Graphically, it works perfectly. But it looks like the scale doesn’t scale the size of the physics body, just the display object.

I don’t need it anymore, since I already got my resized spritesheet, that was an old, smaller one I was testing with. But it would still be great if you could fix that. ^^ [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134627[/import]

I had the same issue but I will try this again. [import]uid: 158620 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134646[/import]

In theory this should work if the points are mapped to the scaled image but I will check to make sure this works. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134647[/import]

1. Draw a Polygon.
  2. I don’t know if this is even possible, but I want to have an image and like carve the level inside the image, something like deleting part of the image with a custom shape to carve a level. [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134546[/import]

Hi alfgago,

1. Yes the ability to draw polygons is on the list as no. 11 custom vector objects.
  2. I’m not what you mean here but it sounds like you want to you use masks, have you explored these?

Thanks for your suggestions.
[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134564[/import]

The #2 was hard to explain, but I don’t even think it’s possible. Sort of like masks, but actually change the image and have the physics shape adapt on the edges of the deleted part. Or actually, a mask in the editor would work almost as good, that’s something else I’d like, a custom mask editor xD [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134587[/import]

I’ve had some really good feedback after releasing v1.7 which saw the addition of Bezier curves but going forward I would really like to hear what new features you would like to see.

Currently on my list are;

1. Button objects.
  2. Code snippets.
  3. Add gravity scale to physic properties.
  4. Scene Director - allow multiple Levels/scenes to be managed at once
  5. New API style export.
  6. Create some video tutorials
  7. Update documentation.
  8. Option to flip objects including Bezier Curves.
  9. Add physic bodies to curves.
  10. Support Widget Objects.
  11. Custom Vector objects.
  12. Masks
  13. Joints

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks
J.

[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134499[/import]