That’s what I thought and this is a limitation of Corona i.e. it does not scale the physics bodies.
The workaround is to use polygons and map the body to your scaled image.
A visual aid for round objects is already there.
Under the physics properties for your object set the body shape to ‘Round’ and then click ‘Edit shape’ it should show you your image with a circle overlay based on the radius which you can modify at the top.
You can also see the body shapes for a layer by clicking on the layer in the tree list and under the layer properties tick ‘Show Bodies’. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134894[/import]
Graphically, it works perfectly. But it looks like the scale doesn’t scale the size of the physics body, just the display object.
I don’t need it anymore, since I already got my resized spritesheet, that was an old, smaller one I was testing with. But it would still be great if you could fix that. ^^ [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134627[/import]
In theory this should work if the points are mapped to the scaled image but I will check to make sure this works. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134647[/import]
Found another small bag that you should fix asap, when exporting a physics object with a double number in the density, friction, bounce, and I’m guessing pretty much any other property, it exports it with a comma, which doesn’t work. Corona needs it with a dot.
I’ve had some really good feedback after releasing v1.7 which saw the addition of Bezier curves but going forward I would really like to hear what new features you would like to see.
Currently on my list are;
Button objects.
Code snippets.
Add gravity scale to physic properties.
Scene Director - allow multiple Levels/scenes to be managed at once
It might be a localization then, the level editor doesn’t even let me write it with a dot, it says “0.7 is not a valid value for Double”.
Edit: It was my PC, I just changed it in Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Formats. I had the default decimal symbol as a comma. It’s working now [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135166[/import]
That’s what I thought and this is a limitation of Corona i.e. it does not scale the physics bodies.
The workaround is to use polygons and map the body to your scaled image.
A visual aid for round objects is already there.
Under the physics properties for your object set the body shape to ‘Round’ and then click ‘Edit shape’ it should show you your image with a circle overlay based on the radius which you can modify at the top.
You can also see the body shapes for a layer by clicking on the layer in the tree list and under the layer properties tick ‘Show Bodies’. [import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 134894[/import]
Another feature that I don’t really need right now, but would still be cool to have in the future would be multi-element or complex bodies editor [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135253[/import]
Yes joints and complex bodies are on my list, just need to spec it out and find some time…
[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135256[/import]
Found another small bag that you should fix asap, when exporting a physics object with a double number in the density, friction, bounce, and I’m guessing pretty much any other property, it exports it with a comma, which doesn’t work. Corona needs it with a dot.