It might be a localization then, the level editor doesn’t even let me write it with a dot, it says “0.7 is not a valid value for Double”.
Edit: It was my PC, I just changed it in Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Formats. I had the default decimal symbol as a comma. It’s working now [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135166[/import]
Another feature that I don’t really need right now, but would still be cool to have in the future would be multi-element or complex bodies editor [import]uid: 53195 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135253[/import]
Yes joints and complex bodies are on my list, just need to spec it out and find some time…
[import]uid: 175213 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 135256[/import]
It would be really nice to be able to create a mirrored bezier curves (in x or y plane) from an existing curve. Like creating a copy of an existing curve using copy&paste and then flipping it in x or y direction.
Another thing: There seems to be no way to edit bezier curve point that is outside the boundaries… Like if I accidentally create curve that has one point outside its boundaries I can’t move it anymore. Maybe I’m missing something or could this be changed somehow? Of course for now I can recreate the curve to make it right but still.
Anyways this is a nice tool and has helped me a lot
Br,
Kalle [import]uid: 55867 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 136316[/import]
Widgets are low on the priority at the moment as they will probably take the most time to do but I’m hoping to have something by 2nd QTR 2013.
I created Level director for Windows because I do not own a MAC so a MAC version is unlikely at the moment, plus there is also more competition on the MAC with Level Helper and Levels but you never know…
The mirror and flip options are on my list of things to do so hopefully I’ll have something for you soon.
With regards to the points outside the curve you simply need to extend the rectangle using the little drag box on the bottom right to make sure it covers all the points and you should be ok.
This is also my list in that if a point is outside the bounding rectangle then it should automatically be extended.
Congrats for a great tool! I am looking at the free version first (1.8 I believe) and i have an issue and a probably a stupid question!
1- When I try to open an example, I get an error message saying something like:
“access to C:/…/Assets.idf is Denied” and below is rest of error message.
2- How I do add an image to the layer? I mean i can see can add text, rectangle and circle shape, but image?
Thanks. I am really hoping to use this tool for my next project.
Mo
[lua]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Director.LDObjectLevelPack.LoadPicture(String file_name)
at Director.frmDraw.mnuFileOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Director.frmDirector.OpenFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5662 (QFE.050727-5600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Level Director
Assembly Version: 1.7.0.26369
Win32 Version: 1.8.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/retrofit%20Productions/Level%20Director/Level%20Director.exe
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/lua] [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 136497[/import]
if you’re using Windows 7 X64 or Vista you will need to run Level Director as an Administrator (right click on icon and click ‘Run as Administrator’).
You should then be able to use the examples ok.
To add an image, you need to add an asset. The asset panel is on the left and you should see a paper type icon at the bottom, this is the add asset button.
Select your image and it will be added to the asset panel.
You can then simply drag your assets onto your layer.
Note: if you have multiple layers then you must select the layer first from the layer window so it knows which layer to add the asset to.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.
THANK YOU! for the info and the speed of response! I got it. I am having another issue which I am sure I am doing wrong (sorry for being dense today!) The test app crash because it cannot find the field “LoadAssets”? I copy/past the files main, config and build to a new folder (test folder) then change the line in main as:
levelDirector = require (“New Level”)
I export the project and then run the simulator from the LD.
Hey Everyone - I just created a new forum just for Level Director, and moved this thread under it. Just FYI. [import]uid: 10668 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 136529[/import]
I must be dense but I am trying to figure out to best start a new project with Level Director. I am assuming I need to make my own main.lua (and config, build) LD seems to produce a level.lua fine but I try to run in the simulator, it says he cannot find the main.lua in LevelTestFolder/Images/main.lua? Not sure why LD is looking main.lua in the Images folder? I probably setup something wrong. Maybe I do not understand what LD is really about:)
Any suggestions on how to actually start a new project rather than just starting from the example?
Thanks again and sorry for all these questions!
Mo [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 30669 reply_id: 136568[/import]