Logging revenue to Flurry

Hi guys, what’s the process for logging revenue data to Flurry? My custom events, send via logEven(), are making it through just fine, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to tell Flurry which events contain in-app purchase data. 

Should Flurry be logging this data automatically? If so, do I need to include the flurry plugin and call Flurry.init() within every lua file that contains a store.purchase() call? Right now I initialize flurry once when the app first loads.

Thanks!

Flurry has two basic modes:  Log a fixed event. Log a timed event.  .logEvent() takes two parameters. A “name” which is a string you make up and a table of key-value pairs to record for that event.

You could do something like:

flurry.logEvent("In-App Purchase", { item = "Pouch of Gems", amount = 1.99 } )

Flurry is very flexible in what data you can send and record, it’s really up to what works for you.

Rob

Thanks Rob. That’s how I’m using it today, and I can see those purchase events in the “Events” dashboard.

But Flurry has a separate dashboard called “Revenue Dashboard” which shows no data. It seems like Flurry needs purchase data to be sent or formatted differently from free-form events like the ones I’m already using, so that it can see details like currency. I’m now looking at Flurry’s docs, and it looks like the native SDKs have an explicit logPayment() method. Although strangely I don’t see it in their SDK reference.

Even if they have that, our plugin doesn’t implement it and we would need a feature request filed for it at http://feedback.coronalabs.com

Rob

Got it. FR has been filed. 

Flurry has two basic modes:  Log a fixed event. Log a timed event.  .logEvent() takes two parameters. A “name” which is a string you make up and a table of key-value pairs to record for that event.

You could do something like:

flurry.logEvent("In-App Purchase", { item = "Pouch of Gems", amount = 1.99 } )

Flurry is very flexible in what data you can send and record, it’s really up to what works for you.

Rob

Thanks Rob. That’s how I’m using it today, and I can see those purchase events in the “Events” dashboard.

But Flurry has a separate dashboard called “Revenue Dashboard” which shows no data. It seems like Flurry needs purchase data to be sent or formatted differently from free-form events like the ones I’m already using, so that it can see details like currency. I’m now looking at Flurry’s docs, and it looks like the native SDKs have an explicit logPayment() method. Although strangely I don’t see it in their SDK reference.

Even if they have that, our plugin doesn’t implement it and we would need a feature request filed for it at http://feedback.coronalabs.com

Rob

Got it. FR has been filed.