M.Y Developers support issue

About two and a half months ago, I sent a message to the M.Y Developers support team regarding a bug that caused the software to throw an exception, also resulting in some weird behavior in the editor (full stacktrace provided). After a few weeks (!), following a reminder from me, they asked me to update to a newer version of LUA Glider, which I did. As I informed them, however, the problem remained. Apart from asking me to update again (although I informed them that I already had the most recent version) they have completely ignored my ticket. I have sent them several reminders but they still don’t answer.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with a responsible person at M.Y Developers (perhaps one of the owners)? Has anybody else had the same experience with M.Y Developers?

@coronarocks,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know your email address so we can make sure if we have the right email address in our system.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers 

@coronarocks,

We sent you an email. Could you please let us know you if you received it.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Yes, I still have the same email address that I used in our email conversation a few weeks ago…

I will change the setting that you suggest. Will this also take care of the other problems listed in my ticket (“smart rename” and “show all instances of a variable when double clicking on it”) or just the memory issue?

@coronarocks,

Thanks for letting us know. We apologize for the issues with our ticket system but it is resolved. Regarding your issue, If the memory problem is solved then that should take care of the “smart rename” and variable instance issue. Please let us know if that helps resolve it.

We appreciate your patience and support.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

It did not help, I still get the same error (and variable instance functionality also dissapears). Here is the stack trace:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
 at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Bits.java:658)
 at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:123)
 at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:306)
 at org.mapdb.Volume$MemoryVol.makeNewBuffer(Volume.java:563)
 at org.mapdb.Volume$ByteBufferVol.tryAvailable(Volume.java:290)
 at org.mapdb.Volume.ensureAvailable(Volume.java:49)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.freePhysTake(StoreDirect.java:1086)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.longStackPut(StoreDirect.java:994)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.freePhysPut(StoreDirect.java:1046)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.update2(StoreDirect.java:525)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.update(StoreDirect.java:491)
 at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.update(EngineWrapper.java:63)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.access$101(AsyncWriteEngine.java:73)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.runWriter(AsyncWriteEngine.java:219)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine$WriterRunnable.run(AsyncWriteEngine.java:169)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException: Writer thread failed
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.checkState(AsyncWriteEngine.java:327)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.update(AsyncWriteEngine.java:427)
 at org.mapdb.Caches$WeakSoftRef.compareAndSwap(Caches.java:535)
 at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.compareAndSwap(EngineWrapper.java:68)
 at org.mapdb.Atomic$Integer.compareAndSet(Atomic.java:156)
 at org.mapdb.Atomic$Integer.incrementAndGet(Atomic.java:212)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDataStore.createUniqueID(MapDBDataStore.java:82)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.createUniqueID(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:187)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.compressStringInt(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:223)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.getSubmap(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:279)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.getOutgoingEdges(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:147)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:64)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:42)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:13)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.OffsetAddress.getVariableAt(OffsetAddress.java:144)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.<init>(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:144)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:42)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:37)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.EditorTooltipPluginImpl.addOccurences(EditorTooltipPluginImpl.java:43)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew$1.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:78)
 at org.netbeans.editor.GuardedDocument.runAtomicAsUser(GuardedDocument.java:351)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:72)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.processImpl(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:166)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:131)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:81)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.callParserResultTask(TaskProcessor.java:568)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$CompilationJob.run(TaskProcessor.java:744)
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
 at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
 at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Could you also please try clearing the user directory  via help-> user directory and delete the contents inside there. Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

I cleared the directory that you specified, but half an hour later it happened again (see below).  A thing that I just noticed is that it tends to happen when I start the simulator (run or debug)…

For your information, I am using a Win7 (64 bit, latest update) with 8Gb RAM.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
 at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Bits.java:658)
 at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:123)
 at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:306)
 at org.mapdb.Volume$MemoryVol.makeNewBuffer(Volume.java:563)
 at org.mapdb.Volume$ByteBufferVol.tryAvailable(Volume.java:290)
 at org.mapdb.Volume.ensureAvailable(Volume.java:49)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.freePhysTake(StoreDirect.java:1086)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.physAllocate(StoreDirect.java:655)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.update2(StoreDirect.java:535)
 at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.update(StoreDirect.java:491)
 at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.update(EngineWrapper.java:63)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.access$101(AsyncWriteEngine.java:73)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.runWriter(AsyncWriteEngine.java:219)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine$WriterRunnable.run(AsyncWriteEngine.java:169)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException: Writer thread failed
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.checkState(AsyncWriteEngine.java:327)
 at org.mapdb.AsyncWriteEngine.update(AsyncWriteEngine.java:427)
 at org.mapdb.Caches$WeakSoftRef.compareAndSwap(Caches.java:535)
 at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.compareAndSwap(EngineWrapper.java:68)
 at org.mapdb.Atomic$Integer.compareAndSet(Atomic.java:156)
 at org.mapdb.Atomic$Integer.incrementAndGet(Atomic.java:212)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDataStore.createUniqueID(MapDBDataStore.java:82)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.createUniqueID(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:187)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.compressStringInt(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:223)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.getSubmap(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:279)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBDatabaseManager.getOutgoingEdges(MapDBDatabaseManager.java:147)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:64)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:42)
 at com.MYDevelopers.Database.MapDatabase.MapDBAddressEdge.getOccurence(MapDBAddressEdge.java:13)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.OffsetAddress.getVariableAt(OffsetAddress.java:144)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.<init>(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:144)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:42)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:37)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.EditorTooltipPluginImpl.addOccurences(EditorTooltipPluginImpl.java:43)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew$1.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:78)
 at org.netbeans.editor.GuardedDocument.runAtomicAsUser(GuardedDocument.java:351)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:72)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.processImpl(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:166)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:131)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:81)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.callParserResultTask(TaskProcessor.java:568)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$CompilationJob.run(TaskProcessor.java:744)

We are trying to fix this issue and will have an update out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Quick update - We are working on an update but in the meantime, please try this:

Go to your gliderinstallation folder /ect 

Open “glider.conf” and find glider default option line

default_options="–branding luaglider -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx256m -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -J-XX:PermSize=48m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" 

Please increase the highlighted number to 512m or however much you want to.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

I opened the file and found the line you refer to and this is how it looked:

default_options="–branding luaglider2 -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx512m -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -J-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -J-Xverify:none"

As you can see, the setting is already at 512m. I will try and change it to 1024 and see what happens.

The setting was already 512m out-of-the-box, but I raised it to 1024m.Two things happened:

1. As I was monitoring memory consumption, I could see that Glider steadily kept eating up the memory. I monitored it until 1,4 Gb just to make sure that the pattern was there. Eventually it would have run out of memory…

2. It also threw a whole new exception (see below).

In other words, the change in the conf-file did not help but actually caused another error that I have never seen before…

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: Caller uses obsolete token sequence which is no longer valid. Underlying token hierarchy has been modified by insertion or removal or a custom language embedding was created.TS.modCount=26, tokenList.modCount()=27, rootModCount=27
Please report a bug against a module that calls lexer’s code e.g. java, php etc. but not the lexer module itself.
 at org.netbeans.api.lexer.TokenSequence.checkValid(TokenSequence.java:805)
 at org.netbeans.api.lexer.TokenSequence.moveNext(TokenSequence.java:485)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.StructureScanner.LuaFolderVisitor.process(LuaFolderVisitor.java:52)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.StructureScanner.LuaStructureScanner.folds(LuaStructureScanner.java:52)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask.scan(GsfFoldManager.java:522)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask.access$100(GsfFoldManager.java:268)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask$1.run(GsfFoldManager.java:428)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.callUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:593)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager$UserTaskAction.run(ParserManager.java:155)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager$UserTaskAction.run(ParserManager.java:139)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$2.call(TaskProcessor.java:206)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$2.call(TaskProcessor.java:203)
 at org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.utils.FileChangedManager.priorityIO(FileChangedManager.java:176)
 at org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.providers.ProvidedExtensions.priorityIO(ProvidedExtensions.java:360)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.Utilities.runPriorityIO(Utilities.java:74)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.runUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:203)
Caused: org.netbeans.modules.parsing.spi.ParseException
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.runUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:211)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager.parse(ParserManager.java:106)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask.gsfFoldScan(GsfFoldManager.java:410)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask.run(GsfFoldManager.java:374)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.fold.GsfFoldManager$JavaElementFoldTask.run(GsfFoldManager.java:268)

Hello coronarocks,

Thanks for letting us know. We will take a look at this exception and will get back to you as soon as we can. We are testing out some solutions now and we will be releasing an update soon.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Glider just threw another error, but this time it was something different. I don’t know if it is related to the original error we are discussing but anyway…

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.StaticVariableAddress.resolveNameHere(StaticVariableAddress.java:406)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.FunctionScopeAddress.resolveNameHere(FunctionScopeAddress.java:52)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.StaticVariableAddress.resolveName(StaticVariableAddress.java:389)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.Utils.queryScopeForVariable(Utils.java:73)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.VMNavigatorPlugin.processNamePath(VMNavigatorPlugin.java:169)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.VMNavigatorPlugin.decorateFunction(VMNavigatorPlugin.java:183)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.VMNavigatorPlugin.scan(VMNavigatorPlugin.java:56)
 at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.StructureScanner.LuaStructureScanner.scan(LuaStructureScanner.java:44)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ElementScanningTask$1.run(ElementScanningTask.java:172)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.callUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:593)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager$UserTaskAction.run(ParserManager.java:155)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager$UserTaskAction.run(ParserManager.java:139)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$2.call(TaskProcessor.java:206)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$2.call(TaskProcessor.java:203)
 at org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.filebasedfs.utils.FileChangedManager.priorityIO(FileChangedManager.java:176)
 at org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.providers.ProvidedExtensions.priorityIO(ProvidedExtensions.java:360)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.Utilities.runPriorityIO(Utilities.java:74)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.runUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:203)
Caused: org.netbeans.modules.parsing.spi.ParseException
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.runUserTask(TaskProcessor.java:211)
 at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.api.ParserManager.parse(ParserManager.java:106)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ElementScanningTask.computeStructureRoot(ElementScanningTask.java:160)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ClassMemberPanelUI$1.run(ClassMemberPanelUI.java:226)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ClassMemberPanelUI$1.run(ClassMemberPanelUI.java:216)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ClassMemberNavigatorSourceFactory$ProxyElementScanningTask.run(ClassMemberNavigatorSourceFactory.java:138)
 at org.netbeans.modules.csl.navigation.ClassMemberNavigatorSourceFactory$ProxyElementScanningTask.run(ClassMemberNavigatorSourceFactory.java:110)

Hello coronarocks,

Thanks for letting us know about this error. We will take a look at this issue and see if we can release an update with a fix for it. We will try to have this update released by the end of the day.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Hello coronarocks,

Would it be possible to give us the project files without assets? We just need the lua files which would be very helpful. Please email us at mydevelopergames@gmail.com

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Seriously? You want me to just give you the source code of the app that I have been working on for I don’t know how long? I’m sorry guys, it just won’t happen. I sincerely hope that this was not your last resort…

Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you notice this problem occurring when you are editing large files like files greater than 3000 lines?

@M.y.Developers, it would be nice if you could answer our breakpoint problems (https://mydevelopers.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/591) as we are still waiting from you…

When this bug first started to show, none of my files were larger than about 2000 lines.

As pointed out in my post above on August 11, the bug could somehow be connected to the simulator since the error is often thrown when I start it. Monitoring the memory consumption of my computer shows that after a few starts of the simulator, the amount of memory eaten by Glider jumps up. Then it stays more or less constant for a while but after a few other starts of the simulator it jumps up again.