Marketplace Compo #2 - Progress Report

@everyone

First, I hope you guys and gals are rocking-and-rolling this compo.  I want to see a ton of games showing up in the marketplace.

Second, and … “Yes,” I will stop with the counting … except to say, I have just submitted my 8th game for this competition.  

To date, these have been simple, classic, and starter games.  Now, it is time to turn my attention to modern games (as was requested by the compo…)

Game So Far

firstsubmissions.png

Starting in the upper-left corner and rotating clock-wise, the games are:

1. Missile Command - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
  2. Breakout  - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
  3. Pig (Dice Game) - One version.
  4. Tic-Tac-Toe  - Includes five versions of template (Step-by-Step, Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
  5. Balloon Pop  - Three versions (Basic, Modular, Framed)
  6. Musical Memory (Simon) - One version.
  7. Sliding Puzzle  - Three versions (Basic, Better, Pretty)
  8. Whack-a-Mole  - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)

Versions Legend:

• Step-By-Step - Only Tic-Tac-Toe has this.  I created the game in 10 steps, where each step is separated into its own folder so you can see how the game progresses and gets more complete.
  • Basic - Super rudimentary (all in one file) version with no or simple art.  Great for beginners.
  • Better - Only Sliding Puzzle has this.  It is a slightly more complex version of basic. 
  • Pretty - Basic + Art and in most cases Sound.
  • Modular - Code is converted to basic Lua modules.  I also typically add more features here like game logic, ai, leveling, etc.
  • Framed - Modular version dropped into composer.* framework with: Splash, Home, and Play interfaces.  Also, when it makes sense the game is pause- and resume-able.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbB4P6JyPk&feature=youtu.be

Next Games (Feedback Requested)
I’m taking a break today, but then I will move on to these games:

• Asteroids - A critical classic and fundamental game to learn how to make.
  • Jump-O-Clock 
  • 2 Cars
  • Don’t Touch The Spikes
  • Flappy Bird
  • Flappy Color
  • Bouncing Ball 1
  • Bird Climb
  • 1943 - Another classic.
  • Gold Miner - Requested previously.

I doubt these will all make it in before the compo ends (unless we see an extension), so if you want to see any of these show up first or if you have other idea, please make suggestions below

Note: None of these games uses or requires SSK2.  I will however be reviewing each of these and considering the addition of new SSK2 based variants.  So, if that sounds cool to you, let me know.

SSK or no SSK, I’m buying these!

Missile Command is up on the Marketplace:

https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/asset/missile-command-game-templates

I just got it.  I’ll keep an eye our for more.  Any chance Momentum defense will end up as a template?

I could do that, but it uses SSK2 so I’d have to:

• reduce it to pure (Lua + Corona) which is a lot of work and not my favorite thing to do.
  • release it with a subset of SSK2 (strong possibility; release with just the parts it uses; this makes it usable by all users)
  • get permission to sell products that depend on SSK2 (currently the rules say you can’t sell products that require another library; I may be misreading this.)

In any case it requires a little clean up. Remember that was made in less that 24 hours (much less).

All of these templates (excluding Sliding Puzzle) are now active on the store.

I’m still mid-hiatus on developing additional templates, but rest assured there will be more submissions coming before the April 7th deadline.

Cheers,

Ed

Nice work Ed, hope you get some sales mate.

Thanks Ed, I just got them all!  Is Sliding Puzzle in the queue?

waiting for review.  Should be ready soon.

** CORRECTED SPELLING BELOW **

1. Sliding Puzzleis now in the store and available for purchase.

2. I’m way behind, but I have just submitted another template: Asteroids. (out now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVxjJHd3hec&feature=youtu.be

1. I am almost out of time and I still have to commit 4 hours to the Corona Blitz: 

https://itch.io/jam/corona-blitz-2017-01

Having said that I am thinking of abandoning the list above in lieu of (trying to make) a much requested and not often made template: Galaga!

Sound cool? Let me know.

OK both compos are over:

I am officially stopping all public development while I:

• 10% - Finish up client work.
  • 90% - Make my own games.

Yes, I will still be making SSK2 updates, but I may ‘go quiet’ for a bit while I turn my attention to game making.

Cheers,

Ed (aka The Roaming Gamer) Out!

I will very eagerly await this…  I’ll be the first to buy it.

Good luck with your own/client stuff.

Note: None of these games uses or requires SSK2.  I will however be reviewing each of these and considering the addition of new SSK2 based variants.  So, if that sounds cool to you, let me know.

SSK or no SSK, I’m buying these!

Missile Command is up on the Marketplace:

https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/asset/missile-command-game-templates

I just got it.  I’ll keep an eye our for more.  Any chance Momentum defense will end up as a template?

I could do that, but it uses SSK2 so I’d have to:

• reduce it to pure (Lua + Corona) which is a lot of work and not my favorite thing to do.
  • release it with a subset of SSK2 (strong possibility; release with just the parts it uses; this makes it usable by all users)
  • get permission to sell products that depend on SSK2 (currently the rules say you can’t sell products that require another library; I may be misreading this.)

In any case it requires a little clean up. Remember that was made in less that 24 hours (much less).

All of these templates (excluding Sliding Puzzle) are now active on the store.

I’m still mid-hiatus on developing additional templates, but rest assured there will be more submissions coming before the April 7th deadline.

Cheers,

Ed

Nice work Ed, hope you get some sales mate.