minSdkVersion raised to 23. How to support older devices now?

yesterday, the facebook.v4a plugin was updated. That is nice, sure! 

But, actually for FAN plugin users.

Facebook plugin was not fixed any way.

The problem with additional web login inside any result of the call to the showDialog method is still here.

Additionally, I have got new build error:

uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 22 cannot be smaller than version 23 declared in library [plugin-facebook-v4a.aar] /Users/Evgen/.gradle/caches/transforms-2/files-2.1/2fc98903dfc5aa7c0005b2e6820a706e/plugin-facebook-v4a/AndroidManifest.xml as the library might be using APIs not available in 22

Suggestion: use a compatible library with a minSdk of at most 22,

or increase this project’s minSdk version to at least 23,

or use tools:overrideLibrary=“plugin.facebook.v4a” to force usage (may lead to runtime failures)

Ok, rise to 23 in the build settings. Builded. And next:  

ERROR:  pkg: /data/local/tmp/CoronaSDK7fa022977d27202b11aa4f61a7834a4c.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

Error found during installation!

Why? I have the Amazon device:

Fire HD 6 (2014) 

Fire OS 5.6.1.0 (March 2018: Latest version for tablets released in 2014 )

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (API level 22)

So, this way I can not support old devices anymore?

Is there a way to use older plugin version or drop minSdkVersion to lower level?

Thank you in advance.

ps: build by Corona Simulator v. 2019.3556

Sorry, it was a fluke. Please, try again.

Thank you for reply.

And thank your team for instantaneous response.

I have found that problem was solved in 30 minutes after my post. Thanks for this kind of rapid reaction! Bravo!

Additionally, I hope that some time fb plugin will be fixed completely also :wink:

By the way, is it possible to add the possibility to share data via Facebook Messenger within fb plugin?

As I know it’s just an option available within current FD SDK.

I use plugin.messengerShare for this, but it doesn’t link for ios (same issue like for FAN - common libs headers).

Actually, the best solution will include the redirect to App Store for install, but the base functionality is preferred.

Thank you in advance.

hello. Current setup allows to use same frameworks across multiple plugins. I’ll try contacting plugin developer to see if we would be able to link plugin.messengerShare and facebook together