MoreApps iOS window way too large and no close button landscape

I’ve got the interstitials working when testing on device.

My game runs in landscape only.

I  have a “more apps” button the user can press. When testing the more apps list is has the paid version of the app in the list. But the actual moreapps screen is larger (taller) than the screen. Sofar the same happens on iPad mini retina and iPhone 4. I’ll be testing on an iPhone 6 soon.

Is this a settings issue with Chartboost that I’m just missing. 

See before and after screenshots. Once the moreapps is shown I can’t close it since there’s no X button. 

In the Chartboost dashboard you must only select the “Landscape” option for your app. You can find this setting by logging in to your Chartboost account and selecting your app in the dashboard.
Once the app is selected, go to APP SETTINGS -> Basic Settings. You’ll find the Landscape and Portrait options there. Make sure only Landscape is selected.

First thing I checked. It’s set for landscape and the interstitials show up in landscape mode just fine. 

Weird. I can’t reproduce the issue. My landscape only apps always show the MoreApps screen in landscape only.

Tested on iPad mini, iPad Air 2, iPod Touch 5 and iPhone 4S.

What about your build.settings? 

Mine look like this regarding orientation:

settings = { orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight", "landscapeLeft" } } }
 orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight" }, }, 

Only 1 landscape orientation allowed. I’m going to test with the sample from github.

I was able to reproduce this by putting the example app in landscape mode using my chartboost appid. The only thing I changed was the build.settings to be landscaperight only.

I’m not sure what the issue is since I can’t reproduce the problem with my App ID’s.

It may be something weird with the Chartboost setup. It’s strange that it only affects the More Apps screen. I suggest that you contact Chartboost support and ask them if they can see any issues with your App ID. You can mention that you’re using the Chartboost plugin for Corona (they know who I am).

The guys at Chartboost are very helpful and usually respond quickly to support requests.

No problem. I’ve opened a support ticket with Chartboost.

Have you tested this with iOS 7.1.2 ? 

It works OK in the Xcode simulator with iOS 8.2 

Presently I can only get my hands on 7.1.2 devices. I’m going to upgrade the iPad mini retina to 8.3 and see if it changes the behaviour.

FYI, the chartboost support people have no idea at this point.

You found it!

I dug out my old iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and can confirm that the MoreApps screen is displayed in portrait mode for a landscape app.

It seems that Chartboost’s latest iOS SDK isn’t fully compatible with iOS 7 (iOS 8 is perfectly OK).

Since you already have a ticket number with Chartboost regarding this, would you mind replying to them and say that I tested with iOS 7 and can confirm your findings with the MoreApps screen? They should be able to confirm this themselves on an iOS7 device.

Here’s chartboost support’s response. I can send him my IPA but it sounds as though there’s a newer version of the native SDK. Presumably this means the plug in needs to be updated?

Thanks for getting all this information! I can’t seem to reproduce this using the Chartboost native iOS SDK. I tested using Chartboost SDK 5.1.5 with iOS version 7.0.6. If you wouldn’t mind, is it possible for you to:

Test with our latest SDK. 5.2.1 Deployed today and it has some fixes addressed towards More Apps

Enter your appID and signature into our iOS sample app (located within the SDK download) and see if you’re able to reproduce this with your device

Can you send us your ipa so we can test this issue using our devices ?

Once we can further pinpoint this issue, I can escalate it and provide a full detailed report for our engineering team. Thanks for being so detailed with your replies, it really does help us to fully investigate this issue. If there’s been more development on this issue from your side, or if you have any additional questions or comments, please let me know. Thanks, have a great day!

I’ll update the plugin with the newest SDK and see what happens. I’ll post back here once I’m done.

May I ask the name of the support person you were in contact with? I may want to contact Chartboost personally and it will help if I know the name of the person who is already familiar with this issue.

Good news!

The new Chartboost SDK fixed the MoreApps issue on iOS 7.

I’ve updated the plugin with iOS SDK version 5.2.1 and uploaded it to Corona’s server (it may take a few hours before the plugin has propagated).

Please give it a try and see if your issues are fixed.

I’ve confirmed with Chartboost tech support that the updated SDK fixed the issue. 

In the Chartboost dashboard you must only select the “Landscape” option for your app. You can find this setting by logging in to your Chartboost account and selecting your app in the dashboard.
Once the app is selected, go to APP SETTINGS -> Basic Settings. You’ll find the Landscape and Portrait options there. Make sure only Landscape is selected.

First thing I checked. It’s set for landscape and the interstitials show up in landscape mode just fine. 

Weird. I can’t reproduce the issue. My landscape only apps always show the MoreApps screen in landscape only.

Tested on iPad mini, iPad Air 2, iPod Touch 5 and iPhone 4S.

What about your build.settings? 

Mine look like this regarding orientation:

settings = { orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight", "landscapeLeft" } } }
 orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight" }, }, 

Only 1 landscape orientation allowed. I’m going to test with the sample from github.

I was able to reproduce this by putting the example app in landscape mode using my chartboost appid. The only thing I changed was the build.settings to be landscaperight only.

I’m not sure what the issue is since I can’t reproduce the problem with my App ID’s.

It may be something weird with the Chartboost setup. It’s strange that it only affects the More Apps screen. I suggest that you contact Chartboost support and ask them if they can see any issues with your App ID. You can mention that you’re using the Chartboost plugin for Corona (they know who I am).

The guys at Chartboost are very helpful and usually respond quickly to support requests.