`my app rejected because of the inneractive ad provided inside my app

Hi all,

My app just rejected because of the inneractive ad provided inside my app. Do inneractive have a rule to follow?
What is the resolution for this kind of case?

see comment from apple below.

`'We found that your app includes a contest which provides Apple products as prizes. Apps that include such offerings incorrectly create an association with Apple, Inc. and are not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Please see the attached screenshot/s for more information.

To address this issue, please revise the contest, and its rules, to remove Apple products as the prizes. This will eliminate the association with Apple Inc. and the suggestion that Apple sponsors, or is otherwise involved, in the contest.`’

KC [import]uid: 94613 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 329659[/import]

So just to be clear - your app doesn’t have a contest where you’re giving away Apple products? Because that’s a big no-no, been there before - despite the fact I’ve seen other apps do the same thing.

Is this is an Inneractive ad promoting a contest whereby that’s the prize then this really is an issue for Inneractive, because that’s going to cause a lot of problems for anybody with Inneractive ads on display.

Can you post the screenshot they attached - that will allow you to contact Inneractive with the offending advert and hopefully they can remove it from the system. In any case it does highlight the problems that third-party ad providers can cause, they really should be more stringent on what ads they show - knowing full well that this type of thing is going to be a pain in the arse for developers.

@nick_sherman - very sneaky - I like it :slight_smile: [import]uid: 33275 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119016[/import]

The other day I thought of a sneaky way round some of apple’s more picky guidelines.

Have a config file on your webspace/server with a variable that is either set to zero or one. Set this value to zero while the app is in review.

On app launch, grab this number from the server…if it’s zero, disable anything - in this case, inneractive ads over which you have no control of the content - that apple might have a problem with.

As soon as the app is approved, set the value to one to reinstate your ads. After that I doubt apple is going to notice if one of the ads served happens to offer apple products as prizes. [import]uid: 93133 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119014[/import]

or simply use revmob, and pause ads while review :slight_smile: [import]uid: 90610 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119022[/import]

Although I cannot possibly condone this kind of thing I would still like to applaud Nick for the very clever suggestion :wink: [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119034[/import]

I would resubmit it, and in the review instructions say that the app uses 3rd party advertising, which is allowed in apps, and the content of those ads are out of your control and ask them to please reconsider approving the app and that you will contact the ad mediator to ask them to filter their ads better.

Then fire a message of to Orly, the Corona-Inneractive contact at Inneractive and tell them they need to kill that ad.
[import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119060[/import]

This ad is still showing, and I rather stupidly switched back to interactive for an update I’ve submitted - fingers crossed it doesn’t show up during the review. [import]uid: 93133 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119418[/import]

Hi,

My name is Nirit and I’m a support manager at inneractive, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please contact me directly and I’ll provide you with our solution.
(https://inneractive.jira.com/wiki/display/DevWiki/Contact+Support)

If you have any further questions or comments please let me know.

BR,
Nirit. [import]uid: 170612 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 119423[/import]

@nick, WOW, what a good idea!!

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about web development.

Could you please show me a simple code?
Both web and corona side please. [import]uid: 81853 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 120082[/import]

@nick, WOW, what a good idea!!

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about web development.

Could you please show me a simple code?
Both web and corona side please. [import]uid: 81853 topic_id: 29659 reply_id: 120082[/import]