I’m currently building via Corona native and I’m struggling to find a way to remove the Corona specific splash screen. I don’t want to just replace the image shown on the black screen, I want it to be fully disabled.
If I was building via the simulator I would just disable the splash screen via build.settings, but that isn’t an option for native builds. How do we get the same functionality from Corona native?
The docs state:
Because build.settings does not apply to app builds performed via Corona Native, special handling is required to customize the splash screen in these instances:
• For iOS, place an image named _CoronaSplashScreen.png in the root of your app bundle, specifying it as a “resource” in Xcode.
• For Android, place an image named _corona_splash_screen.png within res/drawable/ using whatever mechanism is appropriate in Android Studio or otherwise.
But that would just be replacing the splash screen, not removing it… I’m probably missing something very simple here, but it would be great it someone could shed some light on this issue!
ps. In older versions of Corona native in Xcode I would just remove the line that copies the splash screen in build phases, that just results in validation errors with new builds.
Assuming you have paid for the Splash Screen license, you simply remove the splash screen image. If we detect you don’t have a license you will get a run time error stating so.
On Android, the path to the image is: android/app/src/main/res/drawable/_corona_splash_screen.png, for iOS it’s: ios/_CoronaSplashScreen.png in the App project template. You may need to remove any references in your Xcode/Android Studio projects.
I just upgraded from Corona Enterprise to Corona Native (2017.3142) and now I am getting a popup saying “Application Validation Error” when I remove/change the _corona_splash_screen.png file.
I noticed on the Android Studio log the following: “Warning:CoronaBuilder: Splash Screen Control plugin not licensed for user ‘xxxxxx@xxxxx.com’ (perhaps you need to specify a bundle ID)”
I do have the license activated. Do I need to specify my app bundle ID somewhere?
Thats what I thought, but removing it results in the “Application validation error” when the app starts up. Maybe I missed some references to it in Xcode… I’ll try again…
ps. the splash screen control plugin appears as activated on the market place
Billy & Jamie, both of you seem to have active splash screen control plugin licenses. We seem to be having some internal check issue. Our team is working to try and resolve it.
Yes, it is working now, but I did notice that you need to have internet connection while performing the build, otherwise you still get that “Application Validation Error”.
Without an active internet connection, the console shows the following:
== certifyBuild ==
warning: CoronaBuilder: The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error -1009.)
and then I see the “Application Validation Error” popup in the app.
I found that to fix my issue, I had to associate the Images.xcassets with my build. Find ‘Target Membership’, there you will see your app with a checkbox next to it. The checkbox must be selected to associate Images.xcassets with build. Thanks again for the help.
Assuming you have paid for the Splash Screen license, you simply remove the splash screen image. If we detect you don’t have a license you will get a run time error stating so.
On Android, the path to the image is: android/app/src/main/res/drawable/_corona_splash_screen.png, for iOS it’s: ios/_CoronaSplashScreen.png in the App project template. You may need to remove any references in your Xcode/Android Studio projects.
I just upgraded from Corona Enterprise to Corona Native (2017.3142) and now I am getting a popup saying “Application Validation Error” when I remove/change the _corona_splash_screen.png file.
I noticed on the Android Studio log the following: “Warning:CoronaBuilder: Splash Screen Control plugin not licensed for user ‘xxxxxx@xxxxx.com’ (perhaps you need to specify a bundle ID)”
I do have the license activated. Do I need to specify my app bundle ID somewhere?
Thats what I thought, but removing it results in the “Application validation error” when the app starts up. Maybe I missed some references to it in Xcode… I’ll try again…
ps. the splash screen control plugin appears as activated on the market place