New iPhone XR, XS, XS Max resolutions in the simulator?

Is the simulator going to be updated with the new iPhone resolutions or is there a way to easily add them?

You can add your own resolutions till they get added to the official release.

On Windows do this:

1. Go to this folder:Ā C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\Resources\Skins

2. Find a file ā€˜closeā€™ to the device you want to simulate (I suggest using one of theĀ  borderlessĀ  ones)Ā 

3. Copy that file to your desktop.

4. Rename it with a suitable name.

5. Edit it and change the resolution

6. Copy it back to the folder from #1 (needs admin permission to do this()

Now start Corona and it will be in your list.

This update will persist even if you update Corona to a new version by installing over it.

If youā€™re a mac user, find the folder containing this file:Ā AmazonFireTV720.lua, then proceed as directed above.

Brilliant! Thanks Rob

Oh sure!Ā  Give Rob the credit!Ā  :wink:

-Ed (aka RoamingGamer)

AmazingĀ roaminggamer. Would it persist if I format it??

kissanime

Format your drive?Ā  No.Ā  Youā€™ll need to back up the file or re-create it.

You can add your own resolutions till they get added to the official release.

On Windows do this:

1. Go to this folder:Ā C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\Resources\Skins

2. Find a file ā€˜closeā€™ to the device you want to simulate (I suggest using one of theĀ  borderlessĀ  ones)Ā 

3. Copy that file to your desktop.

4. Rename it with a suitable name.

5. Edit it and change the resolution

6. Copy it back to the folder from #1 (needs admin permission to do this()

Now start Corona and it will be in your list.

This update will persist even if you update Corona to a new version by installing over it.

If youā€™re a mac user, find the folder containing this file:Ā AmazonFireTV720.lua, then proceed as directed above.

Brilliant! Thanks Rob

Oh sure!Ā  Give Rob the credit!Ā  :wink:

-Ed (aka RoamingGamer)

AmazingĀ roaminggamer. Would it persist if I format it??

kissanime

Format your drive?Ā  No.Ā  Youā€™ll need to back up the file or re-create it.

How can I setup my own devices in the simulator? I saw your post here and cannot find ā€œAmazonFireTV720.luaā€ on my Mac.

Find where corona lives on your machine, then find the resources/skins folder.

This is where I find it on Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\Resources\Skins\AmazonFireTV720.lua

I use Windows instead of Mac. In case you still cannot find it on your Mac, maybe you can pick them up at github here,

https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/tree/master/platform/resources/Skins

@luantiang, are you able to create an iOS version without a Mac?

On the Mac, I opened the Applications folder and then right-mouse clicked on the Corona Simulator, and chose ā€œShow Package Contentsā€. From there, I found the skins in Contents/Resources/Skins.

However, the problem is still that there are no Skins for newer devices, even border-less skins, to support the resolutions necessary to capture screen shots for the App Stores. Iā€™ve become aware that I can modify one of these existing skins and create new ones, however, itā€™s not straight forward (at least the first time), so I have to imagine that someone has already created a NEW SKINS they can share, and hopefully, someone has done so for the resolutions required for the screen shots required by the App Stores. Can anyone provide some skin files for me to add?

Skins are not dependent on OS.

@roaminggamer, can you please post any skins to help me? Iā€™m looking for skins that match the resolutions required for screen shots for the app stores. I would think everyone who releases games has this need.

I canā€™t right away, but Iā€™ll see what I can do tonight.

I donā€™t actually use skins much any more. I test with a custom device as needed, but I generally dev using a borderless device that fits nicely on my screen (640 x 960 iPhone usually).

@roaminggamer, that would be great. Here are the 5 resolutions needed for the app stores.

iOS - App Store
iPhone 5.5 inch screen 1242x2208
iPhone 6.5 inch screen 1242x2688
iPad 12.9 inch screen 2732x2048

Android - Google Play
Android device 1920x1080
Android device 1280x800

There may be more current resolutions needed, but this is what Iā€™ve been using when submitting my apps. Until now, Iā€™ve had someone else grab the screen shots and its a bit time-consuming and cumbersome, so your creation of these skins will help a lot!