New Marketplace Beta

I do agree that the site needs more design work done, but it is in beta after all. Like Scott previously said, once the upcoming Solar2D site’s design and colour palette is set, it’ll be easier to set up the final design.

Also, Scott, you have a typo with the verification. I tried your site out and it asked me to “verfiy” my email or something along those lines.

But, here’s some unsolicited suggestions: (don’t all of us devs just love these? :D)

1. Have a simpler, fixed design cards on the front page. Like you already have, I think the structure of “image”, “title”, “description” and “price”, is a good one. For the final design, I’d enforce a strict image size and maximum number of characters in the description to keep the width and height of the cards fixed. I’d also position the price based on the bottom of the card instead of where the description ends. Then, if and when you are ready to accept other developers plugins, it’d be useful to have “author” also listed on the card.

2. Like pixec already mentioned, having categories or tags would be useful. Most of the plugins there are now utility, but if graphics or gameplay plugins were to be added at some point, they’d probably just get lost in with the rest.

But yeah, it’s in beta and much that I’ve said has probably already crossed your mind and then some. I’m looking forward to how your site develops.

Just wondering, will this be the new official page for all plugins ? How will the new post 1-May Corona be linked to it ?

There won’t be any new official one.

I’m not sure if Richard is also still planning on setting up a marketplace of his own. If he is, then there will be two sites. If he isn’t, then Scott’s site seems to be the only one being setup.

Mine is still in development, yes. I don’t see any harm in uploading your plugins to all available markets - that just puts you in front of more customers - and I’m hoping Scott and I both feed off of each others ideas and end up with great portals for everybody.

Like the new forums, have a couple big announcements tomorrow. This includes an update on my plugins transitioning, subscriptions, and vendor applications :slight_smile:

solar2dmarketplace.com

Been a couple of days since I said I would release an update on the status of the marketplace.

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback. If you have not visited the site recently I recommend taking a look at it :slight_smile: . The colors have changed to match the solar2d website, subscriptions have been added, new plugins have been added and will continue to be added, a plugin submission system(which I have been using to submit my plugins) has been added (see photo below), subscriptions have been added, payments have been testing and working, and I am also happy to announce that I am now taking applications to be a plugin vendor for the solar2d marketplace!

While some vendor features are still in development a lot of features are done (like plugin activation analytics, parts of the vendor dashboard, submission page, etc). You submit your plugins for free, paid plugins, or even subscriptions based plugin. For paid plugins and subscriptions based plugins I take only 15% percent for handling plugin hosting and payment processing fees for your plugin.

To sign up to be a vendor create an account and sign in, go to the account page, and click the apply to be a vendor button.

2 Likes

Nice work Scott! Have you considered offering an all-for-one subscription price for you apps - not 3rd party vendors just your app collection?

^This is defiantly something I would like to offer as an option in the future

I have received questions about transferring plugin purchases from the corona marketplace to solar 2d. For my one-time payment plugins (not yearly), if you have a receipt of your plugin in your email, you can screenshot them( please include email and product item) email me at solar2dmarketplace@gmail.com with the email you used to purchase the item. Also, include your account id( found under solar2dmarketplace.com/account) of the solar2d account you created and you will receive 40% off of the matching item price on the marketplace.

As for yearly plugins, my subscription system cannot handle all cases of remaining months so hopefully the corona marketplace servers will remain active for a couple more months so you can get your years worth.

I wish I could do it for free but do have hosting fees and had to build a hosting mechanism for everything :slight_smile:

I just wanted to give out a small update about assets and bundles and security

There is some infrastructure in place if anyone want to sell there asset(demo projects, art, sounds,etc), plugins, or bundles they can just fill out this forms to become a vendor on solar2d marketplace.

I can get your assets and bundles up in about 5 days.

About security, I have been implementing lots of security measures around the marketplace.

First of for payments and managing subscriptions is all handled with stripe. Verification and subscription management url generation is handled on a node server I made.

As for you other information such as email and activations and subscriptions it is all stored securely in inside firebase. In fact the whole site and download system is all built with firebase and the security rules and cloud functions keep users data and the plugin files.

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Harrison
I use Store View plugin, it gives a runtime ‘plugin not found’ when run in Xcode Simulator.
it works find in device, what do you suggest ?

I really suggest building for device, will see if I can get iOS sim build working the solar2dmarketplace version

Hey Scott, what about 3rd party plugins like Game Analytics?

Hey Scott, can you add the admob plugin to your website?

@matheusdsa @aclementerodrguez I would love to work with 3rd parties on bringing their plugins to my site. I do have plans to develop a firebase adman plugin in the near future

Hey @Scott_Harrison I was trying out your “TextBelt” plugin, while building for android I got this error after fetching the plugin, I followed all the steps mentioned in the guide section
I am using [Solar2D 2020.3600]

• What went wrong:
    17:03:20.809 Cannot expand TAR ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\CLtmpa12220\template\app\build\corona-plugins\plugin.textbelt\data.tgz’.
    17:03:20.809 > Could not read C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\CLtmpa12220\template\app\build\corona-plugins\plugin.textbelt\data.tgz.
    17:03:20.809 > Not in GZIP format

what I can reckon from the above error is, the plugins on the server are in tar format and engine has a problem extracting it. I have tried other plugins available on your marketplace and I always get the same error. Is there something wrong at my end?

It seems that TextBelt plugin is also available in free plugins directory. Search for TextBelt and include it to your project as shown. It should work that way.

yeah, but what about plugins that are not available there? like facebookAnalytics and other paid plugins

Hi I am still doing some work to get Lua plugins fully working, this includes text belt and deploy.

Hi @Scott_Harrison, I’m having trouble with your FB Analytics plugin. I made a post here: Can't download Facebook Analytics plugin from Solar2dMarketplace

Can you please take a look?

1 Like