No data showing in game analytics

Hi

First of all, thanks for the easy setup guide and video for gameanalytics.com really helpful! I’m looking forward to using the tool.

I am having an odd problem though. I’ve created a custom event  -

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete” , level = (levelNo-1), raindropsCollected = level.getRainDropsCollectedNo(), time  = timeFinish- timeStart } )

I get the following response in my terminal 

GA: Submitting custom event(s): ‘design’: { time=‘10’, level=‘1’, event_id=‘LevelComplete’, raindropsCollected=‘3’ } - Server response: {“status”:“ok”}

However when I go to my project folder, there is no data available. I tried creating a custom dashboard, however “design”, “levelComplete” etc are not available.

It does seem to register that I’m playing the game in the Real-Time window, and I’ve also changed the build No.

Also on the settings for my Game Analytics project it also says 

No data found for game…

• Please note that data is not available here until a day has passed.

Any idea what step I’ve missed? It seems data is being sent via the terminal but not received?

Kind Regards

Sat

Hi there Sat,

Well, as the GameAnalytics dashboard says, have you waited for a day for your data to appear in the dashboards?

Moreover, note that design events in GameAnalytics have a predefined structure, and you cannot define new custom fields as you did here:

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete” , level = (levelNo-1), raindropsCollected = level.getRainDropsCollectedNo(), time  = timeFinish- timeStart } )

level, raindropsCollected and time will be ignored on the servers.

Please make use of the event hierarchy to create such complex event definitions:

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete:level” , value = (levelNo-1)})

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete:raindrops” , value =  level.getRainDropsCollectedNo()})

etc.

Please consult the GameAnalytics documentation for more details. 

Hi Anamaria

Thanks for getting back so quickly, I think that will probably solve the problem!

Thank you

Sat

Hi there Sat,

Well, as the GameAnalytics dashboard says, have you waited for a day for your data to appear in the dashboards?

Moreover, note that design events in GameAnalytics have a predefined structure, and you cannot define new custom fields as you did here:

level, raindropsCollected and time will be ignored on the servers.

Please make use of the event hierarchy to create such complex event definitions:

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete:level” , value = (levelNo-1)})

GA.newEvent ( “design”, { event_id = “LevelComplete:raindrops” , value =  level.getRainDropsCollectedNo()})

etc.

Please consult the GameAnalytics documentation for more details. 

Hi Anamaria

Thanks for getting back so quickly, I think that will probably solve the problem!

Thank you

Sat