Playhaven integration

Hello,

I can’t make playhaven preload ads. the documentation states that: 

show (required)

boolean. Set to true to show immediately, or set to false to use the request for preloading the content unit.

but even if i set it tu false (and the to true) it doesnt preload anything, causing a 2 seconds delay before showing the ad. any tips?

Hey @mark.biggiero, I also had problem preloading the ads.  So I contacted PlayHaven, and I received a reply just now: 

“My strong recommendation is not to use the pre-loading feature in the current version of our Android and iOS SDKs. It actually does very little pre-loading: the graphics still come down when the final content request is made, and the graphics download takes the vast majority of the time. Subjectively, there is no detectable difference, and certain circumstances on Android can actually produce worse times. I apologize for this.”

So it sounds like we shouldn’t be preloading their ads.

Naomi

so, i guess i have to keep that 2 secs delay…

Hey @mark.biggiero, I also had problem preloading the ads.  So I contacted PlayHaven, and I received a reply just now: 

“My strong recommendation is not to use the pre-loading feature in the current version of our Android and iOS SDKs. It actually does very little pre-loading: the graphics still come down when the final content request is made, and the graphics download takes the vast majority of the time. Subjectively, there is no detectable difference, and certain circumstances on Android can actually produce worse times. I apologize for this.”

So it sounds like we shouldn’t be preloading their ads.

Naomi

so, i guess i have to keep that 2 secs delay…