Question about statistics data

We have started using Game analytics in our games and we are very satisfied by it’s simplicity,

many features and posibilities. But we are confused a little bit about the data that dashboard is showing:

it turns out that our game currently has about 1000 users but when we look at statistics data in Google developer console it shows us that we have about 300 users. Also GA shows us that in last 24 hours we had about 350 returning users which is too good to be true in this moment :slight_smile:

Are we doing something wrong which causes wrong statistics? Here is part of code that is used in our game for GA.

if(dataStorage.getGAInitialized()==false)then  --checks if Game analytics is initialized

GA = require “plugin.gameanalytics”

GA.isDebug = true

GA.runInSimulator = true

GA.submitSystemInfo = true

GA.submitUnhandledErrors = true

GA.init ( {

game_key = ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxx’,

secret_key = ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxx’,

build_name = “1.0”,

} );

dataStorage.setGAInitialized();

end

I’m pretty sure those additional installs you are registering in GA are from hacked .apk files floating around the internet. You can usually get a pretty good picture if your app was hacked if you segment your installs by country. 

Anamaria Todor - Software Engineer @ GameAnalytics

Thaks @info270 and @anamaria!

Honestly that was the last thing on my mind. :frowning:

Now I have to see what to do to solve this problem…

You are welcome! Let me know what you find. 

I’ve used Google play licensing feature so now my app should send data only from devices that downloaded app from Play store.

In next couple of days we’ll see if that works.

I’m pretty sure those additional installs you are registering in GA are from hacked .apk files floating around the internet. You can usually get a pretty good picture if your app was hacked if you segment your installs by country. 

Thaks @info270 and @anamaria!

Honestly that was the last thing on my mind. :frowning:

Now I have to see what to do to solve this problem…

You are welcome! Let me know what you find. 

I’ve used Google play licensing feature so now my app should send data only from devices that downloaded app from Play store.

In next couple of days we’ll see if that works.