Question on the new plugin

So I’m testing the new plugin, but I’d like to know if the documentation is complete or just a small sample.

for example I would like that in my application, I show only banners of: Admob, Amazon Ads, InnerActive and Mopub. 

But in the documentation there is nothing under this banner…(https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/appodeal/index.html#project-settings)

it is enough that I do something like:

-- Banner ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.Amazon Ads'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.InnerActive '] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.Mopub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

or is there another way?

My second question is: 

In the base I have to add what is missing and remove what I do not need?

in the documentation:

-- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.TwitterMoPub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

I have to do this? :

-- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.Amazon Ads'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.InnerActive '] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.Mopub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

There was some initial confusion about that. You should include everything in “base” that you’re going to need. If you’re not using StartApp, you shouldn’t need to include it.

Also you have a space in a plugin name for Amazon Ads. That probably should be “AmazonAds”.

Rob

So if I have to include only what I need, can I do this: 

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Banner ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Interstitial ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Rewarded Video ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

I’m not sure

why repeat the same things over and over again?

and what’s it for:

['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

the documentation says that it is mandatory if I’m not mistaken

The idea behind the modular Appodeal plugin is to reduce the size to just what you need. However, regardless of banners, interstitial or video ads, there is some common code required for all of them. Regardless, you have to have the base code. The others control specific ad types.

And yes, you must include the appodeal.base plugin as well as it has code required to base all the modules in.

Rob

I have not yet understood one thing sorry but I’m not a native speaker. 

which is right?if i wont:

_only StartApp                          --> banner

_GoogleAdMob an AmazonAds --> Interstitial

_AmazonAds and StartApp        --> Rewarded Video

1:

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Banner ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Interstitial ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Rewarded Video ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

2:

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

Really just this and I’m done

#1.

Isn’t #2 correct here (that’s how we use the plugin at least)?

Even though #1 should work too but it just includes some duplicates of the same 4 networks.

If I understand correctly, the “base” items are the common code, think of it in terms of calling functions like “.init()”. If you want interstitials, you need to include the interstitial items. If you want banner ads, you need to include the banner ad code.

Rob

There was some initial confusion about that. You should include everything in “base” that you’re going to need. If you’re not using StartApp, you shouldn’t need to include it.

Also you have a space in a plugin name for Amazon Ads. That probably should be “AmazonAds”.

Rob

So if I have to include only what I need, can I do this: 

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Banner ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Interstitial ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Rewarded Video ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

I’m not sure

why repeat the same things over and over again?

and what’s it for:

['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

the documentation says that it is mandatory if I’m not mistaken

The idea behind the modular Appodeal plugin is to reduce the size to just what you need. However, regardless of banners, interstitial or video ads, there is some common code required for all of them. Regardless, you have to have the base code. The others control specific ad types.

And yes, you must include the appodeal.base plugin as well as it has code required to base all the modules in.

Rob

I have not yet understood one thing sorry but I’m not a native speaker. 

which is right?if i wont:

_only StartApp                          --> banner

_GoogleAdMob an AmazonAds --> Interstitial

_AmazonAds and StartApp        --> Rewarded Video

1:

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Banner ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Interstitial ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Rewarded Video ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

2:

settings = { plugins = { -- Base ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, }, }

Really just this and I’m done

#1.

Isn’t #2 correct here (that’s how we use the plugin at least)?

Even though #1 should work too but it just includes some duplicates of the same 4 networks.

If I understand correctly, the “base” items are the common code, think of it in terms of calling functions like “.init()”. If you want interstitials, you need to include the interstitial items. If you want banner ads, you need to include the banner ad code.

Rob