"Real Time" showing inaccurate count. Why?

So, I just spent the last few hours integrating GA into my current
project. Looks good. But I have one question regarding viewing the
“real time” screen on the GA site for my project analytics. At the top
it shows a box for current active sessions. I’m only running my app in
one single simulator, but that active session count goes from anywhere
from 0 to 4. So, I’m confused how/ why this isn’t just showing 1.

Also, I have to say, that I’m still confused about how to structure some
of my messages (whether to rely on the ‘area’ or to include the area
data as part of the sub string for the message, etc… ). It is nice
that I have access to the real time section, to make sure messages are
getting there, but it sucks that I can’t see how my messages will look
in the reports, until 24 hrs later. It would be very helpful to see how
they would look and correlate, etc, right away, so I can make decisions
on the structure I’d like to use for these.

But I have one question regarding viewing the “real time” screen on the GA site for my project analytics. At the top it shows a box for current active sessions.

Please ignore the small boxes at the top of the realtime section for now. We are working towards improving them in the near future and in the current format, they sometimes exhibit inaccuracies. 

Also, I have to say, that I’m still confused about how to structure some of my messages (whether to rely on the ‘area’ or to include the area data as part of the sub string for the message, etc… ).   

Maybe this article on our forum would help: 

http://support.gameanalytics.com/hc/en-us/articles/200841636-Creating-meaningful-custom-events

If not, feel free to contact me on support and I can help clarify any questions about event structures that you might have.

It would be very helpful to see how they would look and correlate, etc, right away, so I can make decisions on the structure I’d like to use for these.

We are planning on making a demo account available for all users in the near future, but I do not have a clear ETA for that yet. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Also,

note that the Corona SDK plugin creates a new session each time you relaunch the game. And game relaunches happen pretty often when developing. This, coupled with a possible delay before the session is considered ended serverside could also lead to your multiple session inaccuracy.

But I have one question regarding viewing the “real time” screen on the GA site for my project analytics. At the top it shows a box for current active sessions.

Please ignore the small boxes at the top of the realtime section for now. We are working towards improving them in the near future and in the current format, they sometimes exhibit inaccuracies. 

Also, I have to say, that I’m still confused about how to structure some of my messages (whether to rely on the ‘area’ or to include the area data as part of the sub string for the message, etc… ).   

Maybe this article on our forum would help: 

http://support.gameanalytics.com/hc/en-us/articles/200841636-Creating-meaningful-custom-events

If not, feel free to contact me on support and I can help clarify any questions about event structures that you might have.

It would be very helpful to see how they would look and correlate, etc, right away, so I can make decisions on the structure I’d like to use for these.

We are planning on making a demo account available for all users in the near future, but I do not have a clear ETA for that yet. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Also,

note that the Corona SDK plugin creates a new session each time you relaunch the game. And game relaunches happen pretty often when developing. This, coupled with a possible delay before the session is considered ended serverside could also lead to your multiple session inaccuracy.