RevMob Video ads not working

I have been trying to get video ads to work for a while now but the video ads always fail to load. When I try to load banner or interstitial ads it works perfectly fine. Here is my code:

BUILD SETTINGS:

-- -- For more information on build.settings see the Corona SDK Build Guide at: -- http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html -- settings = { orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", } }, excludeFiles = { -- Include only the necessary icon files on each platform iphone = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", }, android = { "Icon.png", "Icon-Small-\*.png", "Icon\*@2x.png", }, }, -- -- iOS Section -- iphone = { plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, -- set to false for "shine" overlay --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, -- uncomment to quit app on suspend CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", }, --[[-- iOS app URL schemes: CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbXXXXXXXXX", -- replace XXXXXXXXX with your Facebook appId } } } --]] } }, plugins = { ["plugin.revmob"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } }, ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true } }, }, -- -- Android Section -- android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", }, }, }

Main.lua code:

local revmob = require( "plugin.revmob" ) local placementID = "575b8bbc6d85024b0b88aa01" local function adListener( event ) if ( event.phase == "sessionStarted" ) then -- Successful initialization -- Load a RevMob ad revmob.load( "rewardedVideo", placementID ) elseif ( event.phase == "loaded" ) then -- The ad was successfully loaded print( event.type ) revmob.show( placementID, { yAlign="bottom" } ) elseif ( event.phase == "failed" ) then -- The ad failed to load print( event.type ) print( event.isError ) print( event.response ) revmob.init( adListener, { appId="575b1bc08ffef6705da33497" } ) end end -- Initialize RevMob revmob.init( adListener, { appId="575b1bc08ffef6705da33497" } )

The code definitely works for banner and interstitial. I have tried to get both “video” and “rewardedVideo” ad unit types to work but they dont seem to show up. If anyone has a solution your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you getting any messages in your console log?

Are you printing out the event table that your listener gets to see what RevMob is telling you?

Rob

I presume this is on Android?

What version of Android are you testing on?

Hey Rob and Danny. It started working now. I didn’t really change anything. Thanks for the help though.

I have another question regarding admob ads. I hope it’s ok that I am asking it here. Admob has started providing rewarded video ads as seen here: https://admob.googleblog.com/2016/03/mediate-rewarded-video-ads-with-admob.html

Will corona implement a plugin for that anytime soon? 

Thanks gain for your help.

Suhas

Are you getting any messages in your console log?

Are you printing out the event table that your listener gets to see what RevMob is telling you?

Rob

I presume this is on Android?

What version of Android are you testing on?

Hey Rob and Danny. It started working now. I didn’t really change anything. Thanks for the help though.

I have another question regarding admob ads. I hope it’s ok that I am asking it here. Admob has started providing rewarded video ads as seen here: https://admob.googleblog.com/2016/03/mediate-rewarded-video-ads-with-admob.html

Will corona implement a plugin for that anytime soon? 

Thanks gain for your help.

Suhas