Roadmap July 9th (Scott Harrison edition)

Thank you, everyone for the votes on the last roadmap update

What’s new?

Fingerprint Manager Allow you to read scan for fingerprints on Android. I was able to borrow my friend’s phone to test this plugin and get this out.

Fabric + Crashlytics is now available. The Crashlytics part was just added this morning and corona is having trouble with their plugin distribution service. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon so the Crashlytics part can be available.

What is currently in QA?

Google Sign In

Bluetooth Plugin (I need to get a new device to fix this)

What is in development?

I just finished Crashlytics this morning.

I am waiting on google sign in to be processed before I continue work on Firebase Invites( because google sign in is required on iOS)

Firebase Stuff:

I have 5 plugins for the Firebase services. I am going to address the missing ones real quick. Firebase Invites see above. Firebase Crash: I have a plugin for this but it requires this feature. I found work around my Crashlytics plugin. But now Firebase seems to want new users to use Crashlytics now instead " Note:  Crashlytics will soon become the primary crash reporter for Firebase. If you aren’t already using Crash Reporting to report crashes and non-fatal errors in your app, we recommend using Crashlytics." see here . What the future of Crashlytics and Firebase are but it sounds like Firebase Crash is not involved. For Firebase Performace I am just waiting on Corona to update their gps plugins to 11.0.

BTW:

As I was mentioning above I want to get my hands on more Android devices for testing purposes. ( I currently only have a blu advance 5.0 and Kindle Fire. Android Emulator does not work or takes too long be any help). I was wanting to do more Android/Samsung based plugins like Android pay, Samsung IAP, and Android 7.1 quick launch. I don’t usually ask for donations but it really helps me get my hands on more Android-based devices. So you want to help out, there a donate button at the top of my plugin list page here

Hey Scott!

First off, let me say a big “thank-you” for providing the community with a Bluetooth plugin. Once I have everything working, I can assure you I will be leaving you a nice donation for your hard work!  :wink:

That said, I am having issues using your bt.search() function (iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3, Corona v2017.3068). Simply copying your example into a blank project and running it, it doesn’t find my activated bluetooth device, and instead gives the output “[Device] API MISUSE: <private> can only accept this command while in the powered on state” (if its any help, when I add a call to print bt.enabled() in your example code, it returns ‘false’… note that the bluetooth component on my Arduino is definitely active as it shows up in my phone’s list of devices).

I did file a bug report with you on this, apologies for the duplicate information.

My question is - when you say above in your roadmap “Bluetooth Plugin (I need to get a new device to fix this)”, are you referring to this issue, or something else? Might you have an eta for a fix on this?

Sorry to pester, I am just very excited to be able to make use of this plugin!  :D 

Thanks so much in advance!

You left that report? Sorry I did not have email field , which I added after you left report so could not contact you. Is Bluetooth enabled on the iOS device?

You bet it was me - I wondered how we might be in contact without an email field in that form  :slight_smile:

Yes… bluetooth is definitely enabled on my iOS device! (that was my first thought too so I double checked right away…)

Please let me know if there is any other information I can give you! (also… I did notice this stackoverflow article about that print, in case it is of any use at all…)

I test on my ipod touch 6th gen and I get that error that just means Bluetooth is not away yet. You may need to wait to try again in couple more seconds.  

Ah, ok… if I remove the call to “native.setActivityIndicator( true )” where the bt.search() call is made, I’m able to press “Search” again in the app, and as you say, it does work after a few tries! Perfect. I guess the issue in your example code is when the above noted failure happens, the event handler from bt.init() doesn’t get called so nothing happens to shut off the activity indicator, and you aren’t able to press Search multiple times…

In any case, I think I can work around that for my needs. Thanks for the attention, and again, thanks for your hard work!

Hey Scott!

First off, let me say a big “thank-you” for providing the community with a Bluetooth plugin. Once I have everything working, I can assure you I will be leaving you a nice donation for your hard work!  :wink:

That said, I am having issues using your bt.search() function (iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3, Corona v2017.3068). Simply copying your example into a blank project and running it, it doesn’t find my activated bluetooth device, and instead gives the output “[Device] API MISUSE: <private> can only accept this command while in the powered on state” (if its any help, when I add a call to print bt.enabled() in your example code, it returns ‘false’… note that the bluetooth component on my Arduino is definitely active as it shows up in my phone’s list of devices).

I did file a bug report with you on this, apologies for the duplicate information.

My question is - when you say above in your roadmap “Bluetooth Plugin (I need to get a new device to fix this)”, are you referring to this issue, or something else? Might you have an eta for a fix on this?

Sorry to pester, I am just very excited to be able to make use of this plugin!  :D 

Thanks so much in advance!

You left that report? Sorry I did not have email field , which I added after you left report so could not contact you. Is Bluetooth enabled on the iOS device?

You bet it was me - I wondered how we might be in contact without an email field in that form  :slight_smile:

Yes… bluetooth is definitely enabled on my iOS device! (that was my first thought too so I double checked right away…)

Please let me know if there is any other information I can give you! (also… I did notice this stackoverflow article about that print, in case it is of any use at all…)

I test on my ipod touch 6th gen and I get that error that just means Bluetooth is not away yet. You may need to wait to try again in couple more seconds.  

Ah, ok… if I remove the call to “native.setActivityIndicator( true )” where the bt.search() call is made, I’m able to press “Search” again in the app, and as you say, it does work after a few tries! Perfect. I guess the issue in your example code is when the above noted failure happens, the event handler from bt.init() doesn’t get called so nothing happens to shut off the activity indicator, and you aren’t able to press Search multiple times…

In any case, I think I can work around that for my needs. Thanks for the attention, and again, thanks for your hard work!