Running Spine using ImageSheet

Has anyone successfully used the Spine run time loading from Corona’s Imagesheet? We noticed that the Spine Corona runtime seems to use its own texture atlas format. We have some existing assets in Imagesheet that we would like to use instead, but can’t seem to figure out how to make it work.

Thanks!

Andrew 

We’ve done this with imagesheets packed with codeandwebs texturepacker. I don’t have all the details as it is a while ago, but basically we overwrite the createImage and modifyImage functions in the Spine Runtime to load from the imagesheet we want. Needed to do some string manipulation since we had one rig for many characters and skins etc.

@Reaver Thanks for the input. Yes, we’ve actually done the same thing quite a while ago. Something similar to this:

http://hr.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Corona-Adding-external-sprite-sheet-to-a-bone-possible-3369

The problem we now run into is that the latest spine runtime no longer support createImage. Instead it uses display.newMesh() and appears to be tightly coupled to their own texture packing (rather than Corona’s ImageSheet). Have you had to deal with that? 

Right! Then I have no idea unfortunately. Have not updated spine runtime in quite a while.

Hope you figure it out!

@Reaver thanks for the feedback… We’ve also been in contact with Esoteric’s support, and so far based on the feedback we got is that changing their new run-time to use Imagesheet is rather none-trivial, unfortunatelay…

We’ve done this with imagesheets packed with codeandwebs texturepacker. I don’t have all the details as it is a while ago, but basically we overwrite the createImage and modifyImage functions in the Spine Runtime to load from the imagesheet we want. Needed to do some string manipulation since we had one rig for many characters and skins etc.

@Reaver Thanks for the input. Yes, we’ve actually done the same thing quite a while ago. Something similar to this:

http://hr.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Corona-Adding-external-sprite-sheet-to-a-bone-possible-3369

The problem we now run into is that the latest spine runtime no longer support createImage. Instead it uses display.newMesh() and appears to be tightly coupled to their own texture packing (rather than Corona’s ImageSheet). Have you had to deal with that? 

Right! Then I have no idea unfortunately. Have not updated spine runtime in quite a while.

Hope you figure it out!

@Reaver thanks for the feedback… We’ve also been in contact with Esoteric’s support, and so far based on the feedback we got is that changing their new run-time to use Imagesheet is rather none-trivial, unfortunatelay…