So long, and thanks for all the "Fishies" - A personal note from Rob

Thanks Rob…

May The Force Be With You - Jedi Rob

Thanks Rob

Best wishes to you Rob. You seem like a great community manager and I’m sure some other company will be happy to bring you on. Wish I had a bigger payroll and I’d try to do that.

Change can be good for reviving the creative spirit also!

Thanks for being part of my life for so long, and for helping everything run smoothly here on the forums and behind the scenes. You did a great job, and it will be sad to see you go!

Thanks Rob and best wishes! 

Dear Rob;

Thanks so much for all you have done to help all of us in this community!

I remember meeting you in that Corona Dev group (at that coffee place near NCSU) back in 2012. I had no idea that you’d become the real “go to” guy for so many Corona answers in the succeeding eight years. What a long strange trip it has been!

May your future be bright and happy and successful. We will all miss you.

Steve Bullock

Adveractive, Inc.

Great support and help from Rob since I started corona. Thanks.

I couldn’t have gotten as far as I have without Rob Miracle helping me along. I am probably not the only one.

Take care and best of luck Rob!

Thank you for everything that has helped us over the long term. Wish you success with your rules. Everyone loves you.

You are crushing my dreams, I was planning on becoming a game developer once I retire and have all the time in the world!

Puns aside. You might not know, but your answers on other peoples questions have helped me in several occasions!

Good luck with your new life

I’m shocked, but not surprised.

You’ve been the pillar of our community for so long. And you did a stellar job (while fighting your own personal battles)! It will be hard knowing you won’t be marshaling the troops on this new adventure. We will miss you dearly.

Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. Godspeed!

P.S: People new here won’t understand the ‘Fishies’ pun and might just panic with that Douglas Adams reference thinking you’re abandoning us to our doom! :grin:

Didn’t see that coming!

Thank you for everything you’ve done for us Rob. Would have loved to see you keep walking with Solar2D. You’ll be missed and I wish you the best for what future has to offer. Take care!

Good luck Rob and thanks for all your work! Thanks.

Sorry to hear this! Best of luck Rob, and thanks for all you’ve done for the project and community.

Awww man! Thanks for all your help over the years and you will be certainly be missed!

Now who’s going to tell us not to use Slack threads?!?!?

Take care!

I have not done this before, but now I need to give an answer. Thank you, Rob, for all your answers to our sometimes silly questions. We’ll be missed you. And good luck!

I LOVE YOU ROB! <3 <3! ⠀Good luck baby!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀.

Best of luck, Rob! I hope we can still hear from you in the future

Sad to see you go but 59 is still a good age for a game designer. I hit the 50 mark a few months back, I also remember starting out on the Tandy Model 1 back in 1981, and have been with Corona since 2011, but I still feel I have a good many many years left to continue the passion, regardless of the platform. You should definitely not give up on making games, it will keep you young! All the best though Rob!