So long, and thanks for all the "Fishies" - A personal note from Rob

Sad to see this with Corona.
But I appreciate the love & passion that led folks here to keep it alive via Solar2D
Thanks Rob & everyone who helped us through a journey.

I already left corona back in 2018 but still love to contribute/work on Lua & Corona in free time.

Rob sorry to hear that you are going to different pastures. All the very best wishes to you and your family and thank you , like everyone here, will mss your wise input and guidance. Don’t worry the creativity just takes a rest now and then. I am in my 82nd year and still tinkering ideas.

Alec

1 Like

Thanks for all your valuable help over the past years Rob!

Good luck and all the best for your future projects!

Best,

Daniela & Chris

@rob
Thanks for being so great through the years and you will be greatly missed! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Good luck Rob. You were Corona to me in the limited time I have been around. Just seems to be one heartbreak after another. :expressionless:

dev

I will miss you, Thanks Rob :slight_smile:

Hava a nice day:)
ldurniat

Best of luck, We will miss you. Thanks.

Thank you Rob for all these years giving us good advice.
If you go through Paris I will have a beer with you. :slight_smile: :beers:
Best
Pierre

Thanks for all the help and best of luck!

@rob - gonna miss you, bro. At our age, maybe you can find a calling or mission with the rest of your life and merge that goal and its pursuits through Solar2D-built solutions? Just saying - you have a huge headstart over anyone starting from scratch.

Whatever you do, I pray you and your loved ones will be safe and in good health!

Hasta la vista baby!

Rob, thank you very much for your help over the years. Apple’s Badge 8 sent me to you and friends very early on. I never turned back. As an intermediate, you and Peach saved my **** many times. Because of your help, iWorldGeography iPad apps have been downloaded to 70 countries. You helped children, families, schools, and libraries around the world to learn more about the blue dot they live on.
I had to step away from developing for a while. Last week, returning to find Solar2D and your goodbye, I was both happy for you and wish you the best … and already struggling with untangling the challenges presented by iOS13, xCode11.5, new certs/provs, and Corona/Solar2D. Not sure it’s possible to find enough ‘tutorials’ to sort this out. A bit older than you, I question whether it’s worth saving my Series, especially without you around. All that aside, you are the greatest, reliable rockstar any coder could hope to have their back. Thank you very much for every minute of your help … for me and for all of us. There are some pretty d*mn misty-eyed fishies out here. We’ll miss you. You’re the best, buddy. Go enjoy!!!

@lbolduc - with Rob out of the picture for now, I’ve stepped up to try and help others in the Solar2D forums; and I see that others have, too. I have 4 apps out already with a 5th coming this month. I completed my first LIVE UPDATE built using the new OFFLINE build 3598 and two plugins from Scott H from the new Solar2D marketplace. So, let me encourage you to keep your series going! And help others along the way, too! We’re all here to help and we have one of the best developer communities I’ve ever known.

3 Likes

@troylyndon, thank you for reaching out. I’ve updated all tools - MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, Xcode 11.5, BBEdit 13.1.1, and Corona Simulator 2020.3579 (2020.3.27). Corona site said that this is the current version recommended and does not support the rest of the OS’s and Xcode that Apple is pushing (I believe).

Testing “Build” on Simulator says
"The version of iOS SDK (13.5) that’s installed on this computer does not match the target iOS version (13.4). You may encounter issues building or incompatibilities at runtime.

You should consider updating your version of Xcode or using xcode-select to enable a compatible version."

If you have any links that could help to sort this out, I would be very grateful for direction. In the meantime, I’ll keep reading. Thanks, again, for the kind words. I really like this community too. I submitted my first app in 2011. Have 8 now. Rough jumping in after hiatus, but that’s on me. I appreciate your positive words and reminder. Best developer community there is.

@lbolduc

1. ONLINE version 3583 supports Xcode 11.5
  2. are you running on Mac? If so, you should starr migrating to the OFFLINE version 3598 ASAP, as I now have my first app using this version LIVE without any issues.

Glad to hear about the 8 apps. What are they? Where can I see?

1 Like

@troylyndon
Thank you. I’ll grab 3583 now.
Yes, I’m running a Mac. I’m not sure what ONLINE vs OFFLINE are, but will read to find out and the implication of change, then migrate to 3598 ASAP. I’m using Ricardo Rauber Pereira’s director class to manage module transitions (director.lua 2010-2011). Hoping that will still work.

Thanks for the good news about your version LIVE without any issues.

My apps are in the iPad store. Here’s the link to the 7-app bundle (8th app is Middle East Region):

I appreciate your help! What are your apps? Where can I see them?

@lbolduc - install Corona 2020.3583 to solve the problem. Let’s discontinue this dialog here - as this one is for discussions relating to Rob Miracle, our former headmaster of the Corona forums. If you have any further questions, just post them as a new topic. :slight_smile: We miss you, @rob.

1 Like

Agree. This doesn’t belong here. We miss you, @rob.