Solar2D Blitz - micro game jam

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let more of you know that we are thinking about reviving the Blitz micro-jam, a 4-hour event for developing games with Solar. At the moment, date and rules are not set but chances are pretty high that we are making it.

We already have a Twitter account for the event. It’s the old Blitz account from 2017 so if you are following it, don’t be surprised Here is the link: https://twitter.com/Solar2DBlitz

If you could follow and share the news with fellow developers that would be awesome!

It’s still an idea so I ask you all to join the talks and share your opinion at ⁠Solar2D Community Ideas on Discord or here on the forums.

Hopefully, I’ll share more news about this soon :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Ready to join Solar2D Blitz. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The date is set for 26-28th of May! You can join the jam on itch.io. Follow the link below and click Join Jam.

1 Like

Will there be a theme?

Yes, of course. I’ll announce it when the jam starts (or maybe a bit before).

I’ve gathered some useful stuff in the Community tab. Please check it out and add other stuff that you think is necessary.

Theme will be announced in 1-2 days.

By the way, I’d love if you could share the jam with your professional / social network.

Theme announcement below!

Embrace the extraordinary. Unleash your creativity. Our theme: “The Good, The Evil & All in between.” Let morality ignite your game. Let choices redefine the experience. Dare to explore the spectrum of human nature.

Theme: The Good, The Evil & All in between

Far too vague/general for a 4 hour game.

It needed a single word or phrase - like “underground” or “space” or “earth”, etc.

Maybe skip the AI… I’ll sit this one out

You could use “gray” or “colors” with a little bit of interpretation but, your call.

Jam starts in less than 13 hours! I wanted to remind you of some stuff before we begin:

Theme: The Good, The Evil & All in between (You can interpret this in any way you want. Spice things up!)

Rules can be found here.
Useful resources can be found here.

It’s over!

Thank you everyone for joining. We got 6 games submitted from 10 participants. Now, I invite everyone to go ahead and play the submissions and cast their vote.

Have fun and don’t forget to share your opinion!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.