Spiral Code Studio plugins

Hello everyone,

First of all, happy Solar2Day!

As you may know I have developed a number of popular plugins for Corona such as QR Scanner, Text-To-Speech, Vibrator, Toast, NFC.

With Corona transitioning to open source and marketplace shutting down I had to develop my own plugin distribution system and billing. I understood I didn’t want to go the route with usual payment processors, managing credit cards and refunds. Just like Solar2D I want to be closer to developers.

So I’ve decided to use Patreon, form a community of my plugin users where you can support me and direct me. A single pledge to get access to all my plugins, both Solar2D and Defold.

Go to my Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/lerg
Pledge $5 or more and I will message you your access key for plugins that you can put into build.settings.

Plugin hosting is based on Amazon services (S3, API Gateway, Lambda with Go, DynamoDB), so the service should be reliable.

For more information and details on integration please read a blog post on my main website

Thanks!
Sergey Lerg

4 Likes

Hi Sergey,

Two questions…

What is different about your Facebook plugin vs the original facebook4a stock plugin?

Also, my games will last many years because I keep them up to date. So, rather than pay $240 (over 4 years ($5/mo times 48 months), can I just pay a one-time amount on a per plugin rate?

@troylyndon my facebook plugin uses more recent Facebook SDK version, provides analytics and deep linking. It doesn’t provide social features, but with community support I can implement them as well.

If you are tight on budget you can only support me on Patreon the month you are going to upload to the stores. Since the system is not annually billed, but monthly.

And please don’t think of it as a payment for a plugin. Think of it as a support for me to work on all the plugins and all the future plugins.

@Lerg, Can you take a few moments to create a list of enhanced functions for the Facebook plugin you will add to your existing FB plugin with enough community support?

Well, general social features.

Login and share can be implemented first, since it’s what most people need. Then I can add any requested support - you tell me what you need and I will add support for it in the plugin. That’s the new way of making plugins that I want to adopt - instead of making what I think you need, I’d rather make what you actually need. Plugins on demand.

I don’t know Lerg, but it’s that kind of thing that makes me know he’s an awesome person. So much more refreshing than the people who are money first, customer service second (or third, or…).

1 Like