Splash Screen Control didn't work

I build on Corona 2017.3117.

I have activated the plugin and add the splashScreen table to the project’s build.settings with the enable key set to false:

settings =

{

splashScreen = 

{

enable = false

},

}

But the splashScreen isn’t removed. I need do something else?

Hi @jack06,

Can you please copy your entire “build.settings” file contents here so I can inspect?

For clarity in the forums, please surround code and such things with “lua” tags like this:

[lua] -- your code [/lua]

Thanks,

Brent

Hi Brent - I’m experiencing the same problem. ‘build.settings’ below.

settings = { orientation = { default = "portrait", content = "portrait", supported = { "portrait" } }, splashScreen = { enable = false }, iphone = { plist = { UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen", CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon-40.png", "Icon-58.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-80.png", "Icon-87.png", "Icon-120.png", "Icon-152.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-180.png", }, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, UIStatusBarHidden = true, UIBackgroundModes = {'remote-notification'}, CFBundleDisplayName = "F u Z", CFBundleName = "F u Z", UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false, NSCameraUsageDescription = "This app would like to access the camera.", NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription = "This app would like to access the photo library." }, skipPNGCrush = true, }, plugins = { ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, }, }

What macOS and Xcode version are you using?

You are building for iOS, right?

Could you please send demo project with this issue to support AT coronalabs.com

Thank you for response (macOS Sierra 10.12.6 / xCode v9.0).

I saw Brent’s ‘Splash Screen Control issues update’ and retested after installing 2017.3154. Unfortunately it has not resolved the splash screen issue and there appears to be a new issue below. I have found the way around having the Corona Splash Screen, using the plugin, is to modify the CoronaSplashScreen.png. This is not ideal, since we want the app to startup as rapidly possible.

The new issue I am finding relates to the new method for Images.xcassets. I’ve tried the sample files and my own using the conversion procedure, but the icons are not found and displayed. 

You are doing Native builds, aren’t you?

Have you made these changes as described here?

For iOS, place an image named _CoronaSplashScreen.png in the root of your app bundle, specifying it as a “resource” in Xcode.

Yes, native builds and yes I followed the guidelines when creating the app and re-checked, tested. Unfortunately still not working. 

Did you have any guidance on the issue related to icons, Images.xcassets? Thank you.

Hi @jack06,

Can you please copy your entire “build.settings” file contents here so I can inspect?

For clarity in the forums, please surround code and such things with “lua” tags like this:

[lua] -- your code [/lua]

Thanks,

Brent

Hi Brent - I’m experiencing the same problem. ‘build.settings’ below.

settings = { orientation = { default = "portrait", content = "portrait", supported = { "portrait" } }, splashScreen = { enable = false }, iphone = { plist = { UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen", CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon-40.png", "Icon-58.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-80.png", "Icon-87.png", "Icon-120.png", "Icon-152.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-180.png", }, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, UIStatusBarHidden = true, UIBackgroundModes = {'remote-notification'}, CFBundleDisplayName = "F u Z", CFBundleName = "F u Z", UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false, NSCameraUsageDescription = "This app would like to access the camera.", NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription = "This app would like to access the photo library." }, skipPNGCrush = true, }, plugins = { ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, }, }

What macOS and Xcode version are you using?

You are building for iOS, right?

Could you please send demo project with this issue to support AT coronalabs.com

Thank you for response (macOS Sierra 10.12.6 / xCode v9.0).

I saw Brent’s ‘Splash Screen Control issues update’ and retested after installing 2017.3154. Unfortunately it has not resolved the splash screen issue and there appears to be a new issue below. I have found the way around having the Corona Splash Screen, using the plugin, is to modify the CoronaSplashScreen.png. This is not ideal, since we want the app to startup as rapidly possible.

The new issue I am finding relates to the new method for Images.xcassets. I’ve tried the sample files and my own using the conversion procedure, but the icons are not found and displayed. 

You are doing Native builds, aren’t you?

Have you made these changes as described here?

For iOS, place an image named _CoronaSplashScreen.png in the root of your app bundle, specifying it as a “resource” in Xcode.

Yes, native builds and yes I followed the guidelines when creating the app and re-checked, tested. Unfortunately still not working. 

Did you have any guidance on the issue related to icons, Images.xcassets? Thank you.