TapForTap - Nothing but problems

My first ticket I reported was due to my dashboard showing only one user, for the Android version of my app, when the iOS version of my app shows 200 installs.

So, I decide to check out the status of my ticket using the link they sent me in the email below:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your request # 1322 has been received and is being reviewed by our Support team. They will be in contact with you shortly.

To add additional comments or to check on the status of this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
http://tapfortap.zendesk.com/requests/1322

Thank you!

Tap for Tap Support Team

I click on the link and it tells me to log in, but doesn’t recognize my password. I click on the ‘Forget Password’ option, and ask them to re-send my password, which usually happens right away. Just for the heck of it, being on a Mac, I remember I can just check my Keychain, and sure enough I’ve been entering the correct password all along!

Can you guess what happens next? Do you think I got the password reset email? Nope. So I log out, try to sign back in, and it won’t accept my credentials at all! I again click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link, and finally receive an email to reset my password, and I reset it.

Next, I click on the link above to check on the status my original ticket, and it tells me my email/password combination is incorrect! Even though it’s brand new!

Anyone else having these issues? This is starting to look like a sham.

I would highly recommend getting rid of TapforTap altogether. My experience with this ad service was very poor. 

Thanks James. Good to know. Any recommendations on a decent ad service to use then? 

I’ve also tried Admob, and the results were pretty dismal as well. Funny thing is, I was making at least $0.30/day before my app was even published. Their whole service is just a big bait-and-switch.

My latest version incorporates iAds, but is still in Apple review, so there’s no data yet.

I’m thinking about giving these a try. Recommendations on which to use/avoid?

• Adbuddiz
  • Chartboost
  • Inmobi
  • Inneractive
  • Playhaven
  • Revmob
  • Vungle

In the last year, I’ve learned some very important things that relate to advertising.
1.) Generating revenue through advertising only works if you have a significant userbase.
2.) Generating a significant userbase can be very costly.
3.) If your game is a clone, you have virtually no chance of making any money.
4.) Generating a good user base means being noticed in the AppStore / Google Play Store. The reality is this: You are competing against bigger studios with lots of money and other developers that are known to use unethical practices to climb the charts.
5.) Climbing the charts for a paid app is much easier than climbing the charts for a free app with advertising.

I don’t disagree with you at all. But still, I would be interested to find out for myself. What ad networks, if any, have you used?

It sounds like what you’re saying is you no longer use ads. Is that right?

Thx

Marsone,
We are currently working on our main project that will be a paid game, no ads. We have also released two very simple free games to the Google Play store in the past year that do use Admob. Admob works fine for us, but we aren’t making any money really because we are not actively promoting our games. I did not like TapforTap at all. I could never get a response from them and the ad content just wasnt very good.

Good to know. Admob seems to produce good results for some people and not others. Then again, as you mentioned, the larger your user base, the less it matters which ad network you choose.

Thanks again, James.

Was not able to locate that tapfortap ticket - if anyone has any more suggestions please let me know

support

I would highly recommend getting rid of TapforTap altogether. My experience with this ad service was very poor. 

Thanks James. Good to know. Any recommendations on a decent ad service to use then? 

I’ve also tried Admob, and the results were pretty dismal as well. Funny thing is, I was making at least $0.30/day before my app was even published. Their whole service is just a big bait-and-switch.

My latest version incorporates iAds, but is still in Apple review, so there’s no data yet.

I’m thinking about giving these a try. Recommendations on which to use/avoid?

• Adbuddiz
  • Chartboost
  • Inmobi
  • Inneractive
  • Playhaven
  • Revmob
  • Vungle

In the last year, I’ve learned some very important things that relate to advertising.
1.) Generating revenue through advertising only works if you have a significant userbase.
2.) Generating a significant userbase can be very costly.
3.) If your game is a clone, you have virtually no chance of making any money.
4.) Generating a good user base means being noticed in the AppStore / Google Play Store. The reality is this: You are competing against bigger studios with lots of money and other developers that are known to use unethical practices to climb the charts.
5.) Climbing the charts for a paid app is much easier than climbing the charts for a free app with advertising.

I don’t disagree with you at all. But still, I would be interested to find out for myself. What ad networks, if any, have you used?

It sounds like what you’re saying is you no longer use ads. Is that right?

Thx

Marsone,
We are currently working on our main project that will be a paid game, no ads. We have also released two very simple free games to the Google Play store in the past year that do use Admob. Admob works fine for us, but we aren’t making any money really because we are not actively promoting our games. I did not like TapforTap at all. I could never get a response from them and the ad content just wasnt very good.

Good to know. Admob seems to produce good results for some people and not others. Then again, as you mentioned, the larger your user base, the less it matters which ad network you choose.

Thanks again, James.

Was not able to locate that tapfortap ticket - if anyone has any more suggestions please let me know

support