Too late to show banner!

Hello, I put Appodeal banner ad in my app, but when I start the home screen, the banner takes about 15 seconds to appear, even though it has fast internet, is this normal?

Corona release: 3541

macOS Mojave

main.lua

local composer = require(“composer”)

composer.gotoScene(“home”)

==============================

home.lua

–function create

local appodeal = require( “plugin.appodeal” )

local function adListener( event )

if ( event.phase == “init” ) then

appodeal.show( “banner” )

end

end

appodeal.init( adListener, { appKey=“example”, disableWriteExternalPermissionCheck = true} )

end 

Android or iOS? Build settings? What device is it? From where to where are you counting the 15 seconds?

I just tested from the moment the request is made to the time where the first banner ad 

On a iPhone 5c: 6 seconds

On iPhone 7s: < 2 seconds

Don’t have anything newer

On android it is a bit slower:

On LG V30 around 9 seconds

On very old K88 around 18 seconds.

I wouldn’t worry too much. I have noticed that if Appodeal has a backfill it usually shows that first and quickly. So try turning on backfill and add one ad to promote one of your other apps to the ad server as backfill.

It happens with both iOS and Android, I’m using iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S8, I’m counting from the home screen, after main, that’s where all the appodeal code is!

build.settings:

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", &nbsp; &nbsp;"android.permission.GET\_ACCOUNTS", &nbsp; &nbsp;"android.permission.ACCESS\_COARSE\_LOCATION", &nbsp; &nbsp;"android.permission.ACCESS\_NETWORK\_STATE", &nbsp; &nbsp;"android.permission.WRITE\_EXTERNAL\_STORAGE", &nbsp; &nbsp;"android.permission.ACCESS\_FINE\_LOCATION" }, &nbsp; &nbsp; applicationChildElements = &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [[&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; \<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION\_ID" &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; android:value="Example"/\> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;]], &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } }, -- iOS section iphone = { xcassets = "Images.xcassets", plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen", &nbsp; NSAppTransportSecurity = { NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true }, &nbsp; GADApplicationIdentifier = "example" }, }, -- Plugins section plugins = { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; -- Banner &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.MyTarget'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.Yandex'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ['plugin.appodeal.TwitterMoPub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; },

I am not seeing that sort of delay in my testing. I am counting from the time I see the splash screen which is before the code actually gets called. Usually when i see a delay it is because it is cycling through trying to find an ad. 

1. Do want I mention and add some backfill ads. I am having some luck with crappy Oprah book deal for iOS+

2. Try it with the test ads and see how fast they are.

3. Check the control panel for line items and see which ones are on:

• Facebook and TwitterMoPub are off by default until you provides your keys. Make sure you provide the keys and have enough line items for fills.
  • MyTarget and Yandex you have to meet mins in Russia before they are turned on.
  • Make sure you sync your admob account with the desktop tool. I am not sure the Chrome plugin is being kept up to date. If it is synced correctly you’ll notice that the ad units are by country tiers instead of global (like they used to be).

Hope that some of this helps.

agramonte, thanks for the tips, I managed to solve! In my case the banners already appeared and did not take care of the full width of the screen, besides being random applications of the store, so I did the synchronization with the admob account and decided, now shows ads from my country (Brazil) and the Banner ads are appearing on the full width of the screen! taking only 3 to 4 seconds to appear! Thank you very much and is the tip for anyone who is going through it.