Track installs - what are the options in Corona?

To be able to measure the success of a paid campaign you have to track installs.

What are the options for Corona developers?

I know there is a way to track install for facebook ads, but are there any other?

E.g. AppLift needs some of the tracking solutions (AppsFlyer, Upsight, Flurry).

We have the Flurry plugin. Can it be used for install tracking?

Regards,
Damir

Yes of course. Flurry is very powerful in this regard. You need to spend some time understanding how it works and adding the calls to your app so you get the full picture, not just installs.

We are using flurry for tracking events inside the game.

Not sure how to use it to get the install source (e.g. was it installed from an campaign).

Oh I see what you mean. I think it is only possible through full access to the flurry sdk which we don’t have unfortunately.

Can someone please confirm if we can use Flurry for install tracking.

Thnx!

Anyone understand how we can track installs for AdMob?

I have read their documentation and it says you have to use tracking URL and third-party tracking solution (like Flurry) but when I create an ad it doesn’t allow me to change the URL!?

In their promote dashboard there is an conversion column. Is the adMob ad SDK enough for tracking?

This is very important when you have a paid campaign to see your ROI.

Any info would be very appreciated.

Yes of course. Flurry is very powerful in this regard. You need to spend some time understanding how it works and adding the calls to your app so you get the full picture, not just installs.

We are using flurry for tracking events inside the game.

Not sure how to use it to get the install source (e.g. was it installed from an campaign).

Oh I see what you mean. I think it is only possible through full access to the flurry sdk which we don’t have unfortunately.

Can someone please confirm if we can use Flurry for install tracking.

Thnx!

Anyone understand how we can track installs for AdMob?

I have read their documentation and it says you have to use tracking URL and third-party tracking solution (like Flurry) but when I create an ad it doesn’t allow me to change the URL!?

In their promote dashboard there is an conversion column. Is the adMob ad SDK enough for tracking?

This is very important when you have a paid campaign to see your ROI.

Any info would be very appreciated.

Its not so easy. You way want to use an Ad/Publish solution that has an SDK you can integrate. It works this way:

If you are advertising in other peoples apps and only pay them on a CPI basis:

1. Someone clicks your ad in someones App and Ad/Publisher is noted about that

2. They are taken to your App store page with download button to your app

3. They download your app

4. They run your app which then sends a call to Ad/Publishers server

5. Ad/Publisher compares the IDFA (Advertising ID) in your app with the one that the App under 1. sent.

6. Some $ changes hands.

As you see, the Advertising ID (IDFA in IOS) needs to come from the same device and needs to be the same for this to work. For CPC you dont need to track this.

Update: If you need IDFA you can get it from system.getInfo, but only by reverting to Corona SDK version 2146. There should be a plugin for IDFA soon though, so it may be worth waiting for.

Its not so easy. You way want to use an Ad/Publish solution that has an SDK you can integrate. It works this way:

If you are advertising in other peoples apps and only pay them on a CPI basis:

1. Someone clicks your ad in someones App and Ad/Publisher is noted about that

2. They are taken to your App store page with download button to your app

3. They download your app

4. They run your app which then sends a call to Ad/Publishers server

5. Ad/Publisher compares the IDFA (Advertising ID) in your app with the one that the App under 1. sent.

6. Some $ changes hands.

As you see, the Advertising ID (IDFA in IOS) needs to come from the same device and needs to be the same for this to work. For CPC you dont need to track this.

Update: If you need IDFA you can get it from system.getInfo, but only by reverting to Corona SDK version 2146. There should be a plugin for IDFA soon though, so it may be worth waiting for.

I need to track installs too, but of all the main services, none of them seem to have a plugin for Corona Pro.

The only install tracking that I could find that works with Corona is Facebook’s.

I’d like to try Twitter ads, but even though Twitter supports 7 different tracking partners, none of them seem to support Corona Pro.

This is a real problem, because as serious developers, we need a way to track paid campaigns to promote our apps/games.

Corona, can you provide any help here in getting some of the most popular tracking services supported?

Yep, more powerful tracking sdks needed to be the plugin, such as appsflyer,  MTA…

Who would be the hero~~

Maybe things will be better when the long awaited Plugin Marketplace goes live…

Someone who could write a plugin for appsflyer, I would like to pay for that.

I need to track installs too, but of all the main services, none of them seem to have a plugin for Corona Pro.

The only install tracking that I could find that works with Corona is Facebook’s.

I’d like to try Twitter ads, but even though Twitter supports 7 different tracking partners, none of them seem to support Corona Pro.

This is a real problem, because as serious developers, we need a way to track paid campaigns to promote our apps/games.

Corona, can you provide any help here in getting some of the most popular tracking services supported?

You can integrate Game Analytics in about 5 minutes to track installs, and a ton of other things!

Yep, more powerful tracking sdks needed to be the plugin, such as appsflyer,  MTA…

Who would be the hero~~