Unityads plugin Runtime Error

it’s at line 598, something is Null.

I do wait till plugin is initialized.

java.lang.NullPointerException: at plugin.unityads.LuaLoader$Show$1.run (LuaLoader.java:598) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:751) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:95) at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:154)

Hi @MartingK,

I’ve tried to, but I cannot reproduce the issue. I’ve had a look at the code and it’s not clear as to why you are getting this error.

Can you give some more info about when the error occurs?

1) Which Corona build are you using?

1. Does this happen every time you call show(), or only sometimes?

Hi,

It is getting reported by users frequently, and I’m using v2017.3068.

So most of the times it works… and videos are shown

Are plugin versions tied to coronaSDK version, I thought we get latest plugin even without upgrading Corona.

The reason I asked about the Corona version is because there were internal changes within the Corona Core in the beginning of 2017 that affected plugins. As long as you are using Corona build 3049 or later you will always get the latest plugin.

I’ll investigate further to see if I can find the issue. If by any chance a user would give more detailed info about what actions were taken that lead up to the crash, I would appreciate if you could post that here. It would help isolate the issue as at the moment the Null pointer exception report does not provide enough info to get to the root of the issue.

@MartingK

Do you by any chance happen to know if this issue only happens on a particular Android version?

Hi @MartingK,

I’ve tried to, but I cannot reproduce the issue. I’ve had a look at the code and it’s not clear as to why you are getting this error.

Can you give some more info about when the error occurs?

1) Which Corona build are you using?

1. Does this happen every time you call show(), or only sometimes?

Hi,

It is getting reported by users frequently, and I’m using v2017.3068.

So most of the times it works… and videos are shown

Are plugin versions tied to coronaSDK version, I thought we get latest plugin even without upgrading Corona.

The reason I asked about the Corona version is because there were internal changes within the Corona Core in the beginning of 2017 that affected plugins. As long as you are using Corona build 3049 or later you will always get the latest plugin.

I’ll investigate further to see if I can find the issue. If by any chance a user would give more detailed info about what actions were taken that lead up to the crash, I would appreciate if you could post that here. It would help isolate the issue as at the moment the Null pointer exception report does not provide enough info to get to the root of the issue.

@MartingK

Do you by any chance happen to know if this issue only happens on a particular Android version?