Upgrade (cross-grade) from CPM to Outlaw

If you purchased Corona Project Manager at some point in the past you’re eligible for a free upgrade to Outlaw, the successor to CPM.

You can find the info on doing that here:

http://outlawgametools.com/blog/upgrading-from-corona-project-manager-to-outlaw/

In a nutshell, you’ll download the latest version of Outlaw (3.0.7) and install and launch it. If it sees you’ve been using CPM it will ask if you want to import those projects. You’ll also find a link on that page to a place where you can get a new registration key for Outlaw.

If you haven’t been using CPM but would like to try Outlaw, there’s a “lite” version available here:
http://outlawgametools.com/download/

Thanks!

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 334910[/import]

Thanks Jay,
just upgraded. [import]uid: 31508 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138805[/import]

Just successfully upgraded, but there’s a catch:

1. Outlaw asks me to provide registration info when I open it for the first time. (ok)
  2. Entering my info as per original registration does not work. (uh…)
  3. However, I noticed it does validate while I’m typing in my email address, as in:

richard9@somewhere.com – nope
richard9@somewhere. – yep

Maybe there’s a character limit or something?
[import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138847[/import]

“Entering my info as per original registration does not work.”

Do you mean your original CPM registration? As I understand it you need to go get a new Outlaw registration code even if you already had a CPM one. That’s what I did and it worked. [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138848[/import]

No idea how one gets a new code, but anyway the work around I mentioned worked… [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138858[/import]

That sounds like a bug! Be interesting to hear what Jay has to say about that :slight_smile:

You get the new registration key from here: http://coronaprojectmanager.com/toOutlaw/convert.php [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138860[/import]

Oops! :slight_smile: [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138861[/import]

It’s a bug, and the most stupid kind of bug.

Use the link Mark provided to get a real key. When that bug is fixed the workaround will also stop working.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138869[/import]

Alright. Did you happen to add something to Outlaw to allow me to enter a new key? [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138872[/import]

“Alright. Did you happen to add something to Outlaw to allow me to enter a new key?”

Well, that would have been handy. :confused:

If you shutdown and restart Outlaw it should see the problem and ask you for a new key. It’s *possible* the first restart will see the problem and a second restart will be required to enter the new key, but I think it will all happen with just a single restart.

Jay (off to make the instructions more clear on where to get a new reg key)
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138875[/import]

Not quite that easy;

1. Have to be online first
  2. It tells you the reg code needs replacing, but still loads the app just fine without restriction
  3. One must then quit out and reload a second time to get the registration box

Anyway it’s all working fine with the new key now. Thanks. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138878[/import]

Thanks Jay,
just upgraded. [import]uid: 31508 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138805[/import]

Just successfully upgraded, but there’s a catch:

1. Outlaw asks me to provide registration info when I open it for the first time. (ok)
  2. Entering my info as per original registration does not work. (uh…)
  3. However, I noticed it does validate while I’m typing in my email address, as in:

richard9@somewhere.com – nope
richard9@somewhere. – yep

Maybe there’s a character limit or something?
[import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138847[/import]

“Entering my info as per original registration does not work.”

Do you mean your original CPM registration? As I understand it you need to go get a new Outlaw registration code even if you already had a CPM one. That’s what I did and it worked. [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138848[/import]

No idea how one gets a new code, but anyway the work around I mentioned worked… [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138858[/import]

That sounds like a bug! Be interesting to hear what Jay has to say about that :slight_smile:

You get the new registration key from here: http://coronaprojectmanager.com/toOutlaw/convert.php [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138860[/import]

Oops! :slight_smile: [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138861[/import]

It’s a bug, and the most stupid kind of bug.

Use the link Mark provided to get a real key. When that bug is fixed the workaround will also stop working.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138869[/import]

Alright. Did you happen to add something to Outlaw to allow me to enter a new key? [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138872[/import]

“Alright. Did you happen to add something to Outlaw to allow me to enter a new key?”

Well, that would have been handy. :confused:

If you shutdown and restart Outlaw it should see the problem and ask you for a new key. It’s *possible* the first restart will see the problem and a second restart will be required to enter the new key, but I think it will all happen with just a single restart.

Jay (off to make the instructions more clear on where to get a new reg key)
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34910 reply_id: 138875[/import]