Using premium plugins in a team

Hi,

I’ve purchased a few premium plugins. Is it really so that 'cause I purchased the plugins, only I can use those? What about our team members - we have another programmer and level builder who also needs to build project for testing purposes? 

It doesn’t seem fair that every team member should purchase all needed plugins. For example for our small indie team Unity Ads plugin would cost 3*200$. In many environments you can create an organization that consists of members. Or you should have an option to attach the plugin for a specific app. Or maybe I just have understood incorrectly :slight_smile:

BR

Tommi

Hi,

please could you comment on this. I think this is a quite big deal to especially small, starting indie teams. Thanks!

I have asked and have not gotten an answer yet. Bump this thread on Tuesday if I don’t have a response by then.

Rob

Rob, any news?

Not yet, I’ll bring it back up.

Am I really the only one indie developer who is not working in one man team :wink: Any news?

Sorry, this got buried. We can offer at 20% discount for additional team members. We don’t have a structure in place to support ordering it automatically, so you would have to email support@coronalabs.com and have them work out the pricing.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the answer.

I have to be honest - the 20% is not much. I think you should be clear about the fact that every plugin is personal. And I was surprised that taxes weren’t included in the price. So for example Splash Screen Control costed 123$ - not 99$ (there goes the 20%…). This was the first time that taxes weren’t included and I’ve bought fonts, program licences, plugins, website themes and so on. I like the fact that you try to make Corona Marketplace running, but I feel a bit ripped off.

I hope that in the future you would let the buyer choose if the plugin is personal or available for a specific project. 

@aatosMedia you’re not the only one.

I’m getting a little frustrated with CoronaLabs lately. It seems more often lately features of the platform are getting broken off into paid plugins. A team working on a bootstrap budget can’t properly prepare for something like having to purchase this plugin all of sudden. I think what’s most upsetting is the fact this thread “got buried” or “we hadn’t yet thought of what to do yet, but hey we need to make more money”. I get that, but it’s shady.

Being able to attach plugins on a per project basis makes much better sense for everyone involved. You guys should reconsider this pricing.

Hi,

please could you comment on this. I think this is a quite big deal to especially small, starting indie teams. Thanks!

I have asked and have not gotten an answer yet. Bump this thread on Tuesday if I don’t have a response by then.

Rob

Rob, any news?

Not yet, I’ll bring it back up.

Am I really the only one indie developer who is not working in one man team :wink: Any news?

Sorry, this got buried. We can offer at 20% discount for additional team members. We don’t have a structure in place to support ordering it automatically, so you would have to email support@coronalabs.com and have them work out the pricing.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the answer.

I have to be honest - the 20% is not much. I think you should be clear about the fact that every plugin is personal. And I was surprised that taxes weren’t included in the price. So for example Splash Screen Control costed 123$ - not 99$ (there goes the 20%…). This was the first time that taxes weren’t included and I’ve bought fonts, program licences, plugins, website themes and so on. I like the fact that you try to make Corona Marketplace running, but I feel a bit ripped off.

I hope that in the future you would let the buyer choose if the plugin is personal or available for a specific project. 

@aatosMedia you’re not the only one.

I’m getting a little frustrated with CoronaLabs lately. It seems more often lately features of the platform are getting broken off into paid plugins. A team working on a bootstrap budget can’t properly prepare for something like having to purchase this plugin all of sudden. I think what’s most upsetting is the fact this thread “got buried” or “we hadn’t yet thought of what to do yet, but hey we need to make more money”. I get that, but it’s shady.

Being able to attach plugins on a per project basis makes much better sense for everyone involved. You guys should reconsider this pricing.