Vungle - ads not showing on iOS

A few days ago Vungle has stopped working on iOS. 

It appears as though there is a video, yet when ads.show() is called, no video is shown. Instead we see the following callbacks to the vungle listener:

{     type = "adLog",     isError = false } {     type = "cachedAdAvailable",     isError = false }

My code is:

if ads.isAdAvailable() then     local params = {         username = tostring(userId),         isAutoRotation = true,         isSoundEnabled = true,         isAnimated = true,  -- iOS only         isBackButtonEnabled = false, -- Android only     }     ads.show("incentivized", params) end

This happens every time. Please help… 

Thanks

Are you getting any errors in your console log on the device?

Rob

Hi Stanga,

I am Anna from Vungle. Did you find this issue when you upgrade to our newest vungle plugin? We are working for similar issue that happens when user upgrade 3.2.x -> 4.0.x in iOS sdk. 

Thanks,

Anna

In the past few days I haven’t been able to reproduce this because I haven’t been able to see any videos on iOS. 

What is going on…? Why don’t we get any videos anymore?

it looks like the problem is resolved now, I’ve been getting some videos on iOS lately (although the fill seems less)

Hi Stanga,

That’s great your issue is resolved. We updated our corona plugin recently to reflect our changes on iOS SDK 4.0.6 and Android SDK 4.0.3

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle/

Let us know if you have any other issues. Thanks!

Anna

The issue described in the first post has come back. It reproduces only to some of our users, not all and not in our test environment, so we can’t get the device logs. 

The problem is that ads.isAdAvailable() returns true, yet when ads.show() is called, no video is shown. Instead we see the following callbacks to the vungle listener:

{     type = "adLog",     isError = false } {     type = "cachedAdAvailable",     isError = false }

To these users this problem reproduces every time. 

They are using iOS 10.0.2, and the tracking id is enabled on their device. This is the same as some of our test devices, so we’re not sure why this is happening only to them. 

Please help…

We have removed Vungle from our iOS app for now (too many of our users have complained…)

Please inform us of any change to the iOS sdk, because we would really like to keep using the plugin. 

Sorry for the delay. We just pushed out new Corona plugin with Vungle iOS SDK 4.0.8 and Android SDK 4.0.3 yesterday.

We verified iOS SDK 4.0.8 fixed cached ad issue, that users with cached ads from previous SDK cannot play ad though adAvailable flag is true. And I will look into Android today. In the meantime could you try newest Corona daily build that has updated Vungle plugin and let us know? 

https://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/plugin/vungle/

Thanks,

Anna@Vungle

Hi Rob,

We released updated plugin yesterday and wondering if there is a way to update Vungle plugin only without updating entire daily build of Corona SDK. Can you advise?

Thanks,

Anna

Plugins update on their own, usually an hour or so after you push the changes to our server. For people using Corona SDK, they should not need a new daily build unless your plugin has made a change that’s depending on a feature in a later daily build (not usually the case).

However for Corona Enterprise users, plugins are put into a .tar.gz file with daily builds. Enterprise users needing access to the latest Vungle plugin would need to wait on the next daily build to get your latest version.

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Is there a way to check our plugin version then? Or is it something that Vungle Plugin api could handle by adding a method to print its own version?

Anna

If you mean can users of the plugin check the version programmatically? No, you would have to provide an API for that. I can look on the server and see when it was updated and what the last commit’s description was.

Rob

Yes your server log will be nice, much appreciated.

We will create a simple api call to print version next time. 

Thanks,

Anna

I’ll email you.

Are you getting any errors in your console log on the device?

Rob

Hi Stanga,

I am Anna from Vungle. Did you find this issue when you upgrade to our newest vungle plugin? We are working for similar issue that happens when user upgrade 3.2.x -> 4.0.x in iOS sdk. 

Thanks,

Anna

In the past few days I haven’t been able to reproduce this because I haven’t been able to see any videos on iOS. 

What is going on…? Why don’t we get any videos anymore?

it looks like the problem is resolved now, I’ve been getting some videos on iOS lately (although the fill seems less)

Hi Stanga,

That’s great your issue is resolved. We updated our corona plugin recently to reflect our changes on iOS SDK 4.0.6 and Android SDK 4.0.3

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle/

Let us know if you have any other issues. Thanks!

Anna