Vungle callback not running but ads are showing

I cannot get the vungle plugin to ever run the callback code even though ads are being played.

Here is my setup for vungle.

local function vungleAdListener( event )

print(“VUNGLE ADS LISTENER!!!”)

if ( event.type == “adStart” and event.isError ) then

– Ad has not finished caching and will not play

ads:setCurrentProvider( “admob” )

ads.show( “interstitial” )

elseif ( event.type == “adStart” and not event.isError ) then

– Ad will play

globals.rewarded_video_available = false

elseif ( event.type == “cachedAdAvailable” ) then

– Ad has finished caching and is ready to play

globals.rewarded_video_available = true

elseif ( event.type == “adView” ) then

gutils.get_extra_time()

elseif ( event.type == “adEnd” ) then

– The ad experience has been closed- this

– is a good place to resume your app

end

end

ads.init( “vungle”, globals.vungle_key,  vungleAdListener )

This hadn’t been an issue in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Same here! 

The callback is not firing for me either. I launched the Vungle sample app and the callback is not firing there either so the buttons never change from waiting to ready to play. It did work a few weeks ago though.

Tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab Active and iPhone 5s.

I should mention I’m only seeing this with android as that’s all I’m testing on.

Hello,

I have the same issue. Two weeks later we publish some apps with ads and the plugin was working as expected. Yesterday I tried to add vungle ads to other apps and is not working. Is it possible that the apps that were already published and working may be broken!? It can be a major issue as we could have thousands of users angry. We would appreciate a fast answer. Thank you.

Pau Ors.

I believe your existing app is working fine. I noticed when running a copy of my game built 5 days ago that the callback was working fine, leading me to believe its an issue with the plugin code that is now being pulled in on build.

Has any one contacted Vungle?

Nope. I haven’t at least.

Hello,

I’ve sent a request to vungle and a bug report to Corona. No answer yet. I’ll keep you informed.

Pau Ors.

Vungle committed a new plugin four days ago and introduced some bugs. They are the only ones who can fix it.

Hello,

People at Vungle are working on it. It seem they were aware of this bug. They asked me for some information about the app. Hopefully they will solve it soon.

Pau Ors.

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply. I am Aki from Vungle.

We have been working on this issue as the first priority at a moment.

Please allow me to notify back to this thread as soon as we verify this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks,

-aki

We’re having the same issue…

Ok, any chance to revert the plugin to the previous version in the meantime? That would be helpful if possible.

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience.

We updated our Plugin with the fix in Corona repository. Please try it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks,

-aki

Seems like it is working now. Thanks!

Well, I am getting the callbacks now, but seems something is still up. I dont recieve any “adView” phase callbacks. These were useful because they actually told me if the user watched the ad or not. I am getting these other 3 callbacks in the corona docs though just not the adView.

Getting these:

adStart

adEnd

cachedAdAvailable

Not getting this:

adView

name “adsRequest” provider “vungle” type “adView” isError false totalAdSeconds the total length of the video in seconds secondsWatched the length of the longest view by the user, in seconds isCompletedView true if the user watched 80% of the video; false otherwise

Is this happening for anyone else?

Yep, same here. I am not notified of any adView event, while the other 3 are firing.

Also it would be useful to get the totalAdSeconds property with the adStart and/or adEnd phases as well, it that’s possible.

Hello,

It’s working on my projects and all events are fired, even the adView.

Yea, seems all is working now.