WARNING: The 'plugin.applovin' library is not available on this platform.

I am trying to use AppLovin plugin and getting the following error when I run in the simulator:

WARNING: The ‘plugin.applovin’ library is not available on this platform.

Here is a snippet from my build settings:

[“plugin.chartboost”] =

{

publisherId = “com.swipeware”,

},

[“plugin.applovin”] =

{

publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, osx=true, win32=true, appletvos=true },

},

I upgraded to the latest stable build (2906).  There is nothing else I have to download right?  I could not find a download for the plugin and see in the Marketplace that it is pre-activated, which I assume means it is part of the base Corona build.  I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to resolve this - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @scott.roth.gamer,

Apologies for this. At some point, the documentation got messed up and it stated an incorrect “supportedPlatforms” line for AppLovin. I have fixed it since then, but basically, you should correct it to be just:

[lua]

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, appletvos=true }

[/lua]

Take care,

Brent

Also, the specific legacy Chartboost plugin you’re including is no longer supported. If you want to implement Chartboost, please refer to the updated version which is documented here:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/chartboost/index.html

I am not using ChartBoost anymore so commented that out.  I cut/paste the supportedPlatforms line from above and am still getting the error.

None of our ad plugins work in the simulator. The providers don’t make SDK’s that work on desktops. You need to test on a device to test your ads. All plugins have a stub that will download that prints the warning you are seeing, but they do not cause a crash because of missing APIs.

Rob

Thanks.  After deploying to an actual device I was able to get them working.

Hi @scott.roth.gamer,

Apologies for this. At some point, the documentation got messed up and it stated an incorrect “supportedPlatforms” line for AppLovin. I have fixed it since then, but basically, you should correct it to be just:

[lua]

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, appletvos=true }

[/lua]

Take care,

Brent

Also, the specific legacy Chartboost plugin you’re including is no longer supported. If you want to implement Chartboost, please refer to the updated version which is documented here:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/chartboost/index.html

I am not using ChartBoost anymore so commented that out.  I cut/paste the supportedPlatforms line from above and am still getting the error.

None of our ad plugins work in the simulator. The providers don’t make SDK’s that work on desktops. You need to test on a device to test your ads. All plugins have a stub that will download that prints the warning you are seeing, but they do not cause a crash because of missing APIs.

Rob

Thanks.  After deploying to an actual device I was able to get them working.