What have you gained by using Appodeal?

In my past projects, I’ve usually run ads using a simple function.

First, see if a (rewarded) ad is available from my #1 ad provider? If yes, then show it. If not, then check my #2 and #3 ad providers.

For my upcoming projects, I’ve thought about implementing Appodeal to serve the ads so that I might also benefit from ad mediation instead of just serving the first available ad.

My question is, those of you who have implemented Appodeal in your projects, did you see any improvement in your ad revenues or in the app’s performance? Has implementing Appodeal made your work/life easier than managing separate ad providers?

Before using Appodeal I used a similar tactic that you mention.

Here are the benefits of using Appodeal for me:

1. I see considerable improvement for interstitial and rewarded ads using Appodeal. In most cases, it is more than 20% better. Banner is about the same.

2. Since I don’t use connected providers Unity and Facebook, I get paid from only 2 sources: Admob and Appodeal. This not only simplifies my life but it also means I don’t have money stuck in random providers for months because I don’t meet the threshold. Some ad providers are notorious for having a 1% fill rate, super low eCPM, 60 days net, and $100 dollar threshold.

3. Appodeal also allows using their server to show your own ads. I usually show ads for my other apps, but I have also shown direct deals and affiliate market ads.

4. Appodeal also calculates ARPU by various slices. Something I use to calculate by downloading and then consolidating data from all my providers into el excel spreadsheet. It was so onerous that I only use to do it for my top LATAM countries and now I have them for all.

Thanks for your answer, agramonte!

Is there anyone else who uses Appodeal and is willing to share their experiences with it/them?

Zedur,

I just started using Appodeal, so I have nothing really to report.  Not enough users of my app and only have had it in use for maybe 2 weeks.  But, I like it so far.

best of luck on your app!

Bob

Before using Appodeal I used a similar tactic that you mention.

Here are the benefits of using Appodeal for me:

1. I see considerable improvement for interstitial and rewarded ads using Appodeal. In most cases, it is more than 20% better. Banner is about the same.

2. Since I don’t use connected providers Unity and Facebook, I get paid from only 2 sources: Admob and Appodeal. This not only simplifies my life but it also means I don’t have money stuck in random providers for months because I don’t meet the threshold. Some ad providers are notorious for having a 1% fill rate, super low eCPM, 60 days net, and $100 dollar threshold.

3. Appodeal also allows using their server to show your own ads. I usually show ads for my other apps, but I have also shown direct deals and affiliate market ads.

4. Appodeal also calculates ARPU by various slices. Something I use to calculate by downloading and then consolidating data from all my providers into el excel spreadsheet. It was so onerous that I only use to do it for my top LATAM countries and now I have them for all.

Thanks for your answer, agramonte!

Is there anyone else who uses Appodeal and is willing to share their experiences with it/them?

Zedur,

I just started using Appodeal, so I have nothing really to report.  Not enough users of my app and only have had it in use for maybe 2 weeks.  But, I like it so far.

best of luck on your app!

Bob