What to do after fuse.init failed? Seems to only allow init once

Hi,

If fuse.init is unsuccessful and returns an error, how do I call it to init again?

For example if I open the game without internet, fuse.init will fail (NOT_CONNECTED). Even if I turn on internet on after, the ads won’t load because it is not init correctly. I tried to call fuse.init again but there is no response. (from the document it say can only init once?)

I tested many times and the only way to show ads again is for user to manually force close the app and re-open with internet connection. Even if I close the app with native.requestExit() it won’t work because the app seems not closed completely. 

I am testing on android device. I have yet to try on iOS but I think with os.exit it should work fine.

If fuse.init failed, I wish to either

1. game pops up a warning and close itself entirely, and player can re-open the app with wifi again or

2. able to call init again when player turns on wifi?

Appreciate any help!

Hi @Nob Studio,

Instead of checking post-init, can you check if the device can receive network communication at all? Then, if so, call the Fuse init?

Brent

Thanks Brent for the reply. 

I tried your method which check for network.getConnectionStatus()

Unfortunately the init seems to have error if I turn off internet connection at start, and turn on after I opened the app then call fuse.init.

When I call fuse.show there is an event error with response: an error occurred during fuse initialization so call is ignored

Hi @Nob Studio,

So basically, this only occurs when you turn off the Internet? Are you 100% sure that the Internet is enabled and running before you call fuse.init()?

Brent

Hi, yes I am sure. I did a lot of various testing and here are the findings:

1. Start the app with internet OFF , then turn on internet and call fuse.init, fuse init has problem, even fuse.getProperty() doesn’t work.

2. Start the app with internet  OFF , then exit app with native.requestExit(), turn on internet > start the app > call fuse.init, fuse init has problem

3. Start the app with internet  ON , then turn off internet and on again, fuse init works

4. Start the app with internet  ON , then turn  off  internet and  on  again, fuse init works

When calling fuse.init with internet off, it will return error Not_connected, but start the app with internet Off and on again, it will not return error.

Can you test if this is the case? Thanks.

Hi @Nob Studio,

Instead of checking post-init, can you check if the device can receive network communication at all? Then, if so, call the Fuse init?

Brent

Thanks Brent for the reply. 

I tried your method which check for network.getConnectionStatus()

Unfortunately the init seems to have error if I turn off internet connection at start, and turn on after I opened the app then call fuse.init.

When I call fuse.show there is an event error with response: an error occurred during fuse initialization so call is ignored

Hi @Nob Studio,

So basically, this only occurs when you turn off the Internet? Are you 100% sure that the Internet is enabled and running before you call fuse.init()?

Brent

Hi, yes I am sure. I did a lot of various testing and here are the findings:

1. Start the app with internet OFF , then turn on internet and call fuse.init, fuse init has problem, even fuse.getProperty() doesn’t work.

2. Start the app with internet  OFF , then exit app with native.requestExit(), turn on internet > start the app > call fuse.init, fuse init has problem

3. Start the app with internet  ON , then turn off internet and on again, fuse init works

4. Start the app with internet  ON , then turn  off  internet and  on  again, fuse init works

When calling fuse.init with internet off, it will return error Not_connected, but start the app with internet Off and on again, it will not return error.

Can you test if this is the case? Thanks.