Which AdMob SDK version does the premium plugin use?

I’ve got an Ad Mediation issue I’m trying to raise with Google however as part of the query process they need to know which version of the AdMob SDK I’m using - can someone from engineering confirm which version is included in the iOS and Android AdMob plugin?

Thanks.

Which Corona build are you using?

Version 2017.3037 (2017.2.13)

For Corona build 3037 the AdMob SDKs are:

Android: Google Play Services 9.6.1

iOS: Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.17.0

If you are using AdMob Mediation keep in mind that the plugin only supports SDK-less mediation.

The AdMob SDK only supports the following ad networks with SDK-less mediation:

• CrossChannel (MdotM)
  • Drawbridge
  • LG U+AD
  • Nend
  • T ad (SK planet)
  • TapIt by Phunware

If you are trying to use any other ad networks, they will not work with SDK-less mediation. This is a limitation of the AdMob SDK and not the AdMob plugin.

To be notified of AdMob plugin updates I suggest following this topic:

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/67506-admob-plugin-update-paid-plugin/

Thanks for the details - actually the problem I’m having is running house ad campaigns from within the AdMob dashboard - whilst I can see that my campaigns appear to be getting requests I’m not getting any impressions.

Could this be an issue with the way the plugin works in Corona or is this more likely a Google backend issue?

Since you see that you’re getting requests I’d assume it’s more of a Google backend issue. However I’ll do some investigation of my own.

That was my guess - I’ll update this post when (if) I manage to get a resolution for this problem as running house ad campaigns and selling your own ad slots could prove to be a lucrative alternative for apps that target niche markets and have a lot of ad impressions (I’m currently getting at least 22,000 per day)

Thanks.

Which Corona build are you using?

Version 2017.3037 (2017.2.13)

For Corona build 3037 the AdMob SDKs are:

Android: Google Play Services 9.6.1

iOS: Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.17.0

If you are using AdMob Mediation keep in mind that the plugin only supports SDK-less mediation.

The AdMob SDK only supports the following ad networks with SDK-less mediation:

• CrossChannel (MdotM)
  • Drawbridge
  • LG U+AD
  • Nend
  • T ad (SK planet)
  • TapIt by Phunware

If you are trying to use any other ad networks, they will not work with SDK-less mediation. This is a limitation of the AdMob SDK and not the AdMob plugin.

To be notified of AdMob plugin updates I suggest following this topic:

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/67506-admob-plugin-update-paid-plugin/

Thanks for the details - actually the problem I’m having is running house ad campaigns from within the AdMob dashboard - whilst I can see that my campaigns appear to be getting requests I’m not getting any impressions.

Could this be an issue with the way the plugin works in Corona or is this more likely a Google backend issue?

Since you see that you’re getting requests I’d assume it’s more of a Google backend issue. However I’ll do some investigation of my own.

That was my guess - I’ll update this post when (if) I manage to get a resolution for this problem as running house ad campaigns and selling your own ad slots could prove to be a lucrative alternative for apps that target niche markets and have a lot of ad impressions (I’m currently getting at least 22,000 per day)

Thanks.