Why should I choose Corona Ads over AdMob?

First off, I just want to say that I didn’t make this topic to try to devalue Corona Ads, rather opposite. I can see you are a company with so much passion and care about its users, so I wanted to give Corona Ads a chance.

I, however, have some issues with it:

1. There are only 2 partners, AdColony and ChartBoost. My concern is that I will run out of ads very quickly.

2. There are no rewarded (video) ads, which is really important for me. I’ve read that you are working on putting them by the end of 2016, but I wonder when exactly is that?

Now, what I like about Corona Ads:

1. You need only 60$ in order to cash out your earnings

2. You can payout via PayPal.

3. Really easy to implement.

I really want to use Corona Ads to support your company, but currently AdMob looks like a much better choice for that matter. 

Hello @filipnemec3 and welcome to the Corona Community Forums.

Let me take a stab at answering your questions.

Corona Labs provides 20 monetization plugins for you to use. Of those 20, three run through our Corona Ads dashboard:  Corona Ads (the ad provider), Chartboost and AdColony.  Corona Ads is it’s own ad network and is powered by a few different demand partners to provide a good fill rate and offers banner and Interstitial ads. Chartboost and AdColony are managed through the Corona Ads Dashboard but are separate plugins and provide different ad formats. If you want to use all three or a combination of the three, you would have to include three separate plugins and code up all three in your app.

But beyond Corona Ads, Chartboost and AdColony, there are 17 other options that do not go through the Corona Ads dashboard where you setup your own account with the partner, include their plugin and get their ads. Many developers will choose to include multiple providers to help with fill rates, though Corona Ads (the ad network) has a pretty good fill rate. One plugin provider Appodeal is an Ad Mediation provider and has very high fill rate and works to deliver they best performing ads.  You have options.

As you’ve noted, Corona Ads was designed to be easy to implement. Having PayPal as an option and a lower payout are great reasons to consider Corona Ads.

As for when we will get rewarded and video ads in the mix for Corona ADs, we can’t provide an accurate date because there are too many variables involved. If those ad types are important to you, check out some of our other plugins including Chartboost and AdColony, which are delivering those types of ads today. There is no reason you can’t use them in combination. Use Corona Ads for your banner and interstitial needs and use a rewarded video partner when you wish to give your users rewards.

With regards to AdMob, our existing plugin only supports banners and interstitial ads. We are working hard to bring you a much improved Google ads experience. 

Rob

This is probably completely off topic but it would be great if:

1. Admob is included into the Corona Ads dashboard (and all the other 17 for that matter).

2. You would provide average revenue per daily user (ARDAU) by geography for all ad networks for the particular app.

I currently have to go to three website and download it to a spreadsheet to get that value. Just to find out that it doesn’t pay for me to advertise in Ecuador because I only get 0.0123 per average daily user.

Hello @filipnemec3 and welcome to the Corona Community Forums.

Let me take a stab at answering your questions.

Corona Labs provides 20 monetization plugins for you to use. Of those 20, three run through our Corona Ads dashboard:  Corona Ads (the ad provider), Chartboost and AdColony.  Corona Ads is it’s own ad network and is powered by a few different demand partners to provide a good fill rate and offers banner and Interstitial ads. Chartboost and AdColony are managed through the Corona Ads Dashboard but are separate plugins and provide different ad formats. If you want to use all three or a combination of the three, you would have to include three separate plugins and code up all three in your app.

But beyond Corona Ads, Chartboost and AdColony, there are 17 other options that do not go through the Corona Ads dashboard where you setup your own account with the partner, include their plugin and get their ads. Many developers will choose to include multiple providers to help with fill rates, though Corona Ads (the ad network) has a pretty good fill rate. One plugin provider Appodeal is an Ad Mediation provider and has very high fill rate and works to deliver they best performing ads.  You have options.

As you’ve noted, Corona Ads was designed to be easy to implement. Having PayPal as an option and a lower payout are great reasons to consider Corona Ads.

As for when we will get rewarded and video ads in the mix for Corona ADs, we can’t provide an accurate date because there are too many variables involved. If those ad types are important to you, check out some of our other plugins including Chartboost and AdColony, which are delivering those types of ads today. There is no reason you can’t use them in combination. Use Corona Ads for your banner and interstitial needs and use a rewarded video partner when you wish to give your users rewards.

With regards to AdMob, our existing plugin only supports banners and interstitial ads. We are working hard to bring you a much improved Google ads experience. 

Rob

This is probably completely off topic but it would be great if:

1. Admob is included into the Corona Ads dashboard (and all the other 17 for that matter).

2. You would provide average revenue per daily user (ARDAU) by geography for all ad networks for the particular app.

I currently have to go to three website and download it to a spreadsheet to get that value. Just to find out that it doesn’t pay for me to advertise in Ecuador because I only get 0.0123 per average daily user.